Waiting for my first cystology

15 years 10 months ago #16350 by tahoemom
Replied by tahoemom on topic Waiting for my first cystology
Good luck with the whole dang thing , sweetie. (((((crptclrwomn)))))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #16326 by crptclrwomn
Replied by crptclrwomn on topic Waiting for my first cystology
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I went to the gp for fever and back pain and recieved antibiotics. So I will be thaking these for a few days. He said the fever is a result of some infection, so this should help. My back ache he said would be over exertion. Ok, I am good with that. Just want Monday to get here and get it over with. Thanks all of you. I will keep in touch and my prayers are with all of you. Patty

15 years 10 months ago #16287 by crptclrwomn
Replied by crptclrwomn on topic Waiting for my first cystology
Dear Susan, Thank you and you are absolutely right.

15 years 10 months ago #16278 by mssmr
Replied by mssmr on topic Waiting for my first cystology
Hi, Patty -- Your history is all-too-familiar!! I, too, had blood in the urine for years, no sign of infection, antibiotics and no referral to a uro. (You can read the story of my delayed diagnosis under trenchtalk, I think.)

The thing is, since our society hasn't begun to do the job it should about educating everybody about bladder cancer, we don't know much about it before we are diagnosed. Before my diagnosis I thought Urologists only saw males. If I had it do do over again, I'd have made an appointment directly with a urologist as soon as I
started to suspect bladder cancer rather than thinking: The doctors aren't even mentioning it, I must be "over-reacting." But I don't have it to do over again.

I am glad you are getting the cysto and that it is fairly soon. Please let us know how it goes. We do care.

in support -- Susan

diagnosed 2/23/07 at stage 3, muscle invasive, sarcomatoid tcc

15 years 10 months ago #16275 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Waiting for my first cystology
OK...i know this is daunting with all the medical terminology and the machines and what is what...but i think we have it figured out sort of!!...from what you said..it appears you did have a CT scan with dye the last time as you said you were lying on your back and went into a round machine and they put the dye in through the vein. They normally do one scan without the dye and one with it. The nurse told you they saw a cyst and not worried about it. What kind of hospital and whats the level of expertise of the radiologists i wonder? I know cysts can be painful as one of my sons has one..he had quite a bout of pain one morning and they thought a kidney stone but only found the cyst...a large one. Apparently they can spasm??
But i am alarmed as Barb is about the fever. So hopefully you have a good uro and you will know something Monday with the cystoscopy.
I wouldn't hesitate for a moment though to get that second opinion from the U of Chicago. You're lucky you are in an area with a great hospital. Pat

15 years 10 months ago #16271 by Barbnks
Replied by Barbnks on topic Waiting for my first cystology
I don't want to beat a dead horse either but the fever coming and going bothers me. I had so many of your symptoms and it didn't start with bladder cancer. Be firm to them that you want a CT scan. My fever and pain would come and go that is why none of the doctors I saw thought it was anything but a UTI. The lining of the bladder is the same as the lining of your kidneys that is why my cancer is now showing up in my bladder. Hope to hear from you soon. Barb
Just worried about you so don't mean to keep repeating myself.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne