My Father

15 years 11 months ago #16007 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic My Father
Hi Mark,

Sorry to meet you here, however we didn't want to be members here either. The diagnosis is always hard and stressful - we have all been there, too. I was dx'd with T3 grade 3 when I had my surgery just over a year ago. I had 35 nodes out - all were negative for tumor, and I had undetermined spread, so I did the 4 months chemo after. Now I have been facing bone mets, too. It is not easy to get a grip on invasive bladder cancer, but be prudent and heed sage advice from the members here and it will help. You have already made big progress...you are seeking information about bc and asking questions :) Keep posting what the drs say and we can get info to you pretty quick.
I take it your Dad had a TUR in the hospital? There would be a pathology report from that, should have a stage and grade on it. Also they are doing chest CT, bone scan, etc right? This is normal to do.....we're here to help :)
God Bless, Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #16005 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic My Father
Mark,

He needs a top notch Dr. at a major Cancer Facility. Where are you located? I can get some information for you, and hopefully Pat chimes in soon, she has alot of information about Excellent Drs around the country

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 11 months ago #16003 by Mark Rice
Replied by Mark Rice on topic My Father
Many thanks Karen; just trying to stay positive throughout but it seems everytime we visit the doctor, the news keeps getting worse. We fear spread to the bone at this point as he experiences immense pain from the groin and leg area. Regardless, I am in Toronto, my father is 67 and has a long history of smoking and excessive drinking. He has been urinating blood for over six months now, possibly longer. We were assigned a urologist by the ER doctor; she seems quite knowledgeable and personable yet I agree that second opinions can come in handy. Any further thoughts Karen?

My best,
Mark

15 years 11 months ago #16002 by julieann
Replied by julieann on topic My Father
Mark,

I know it is hard (my Mom is currently in stage IV), but you have to try not to worry too much until you get those test results. Many here have success stories. First things first....make sure ou have a top notch doctor who is knowledgable about bladder cancer. Second, make sure the doc is aware your fathers emotional state. You can make a more informed decision once the tests come in and people here will be able to offer more suggestions at that time. Again, I know the waiting really STINKS, but try and stay positive for your father's sake. Take care.

15 years 11 months ago #16001 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic My Father
Hi Mark,

I am glad to see that you are being proactive about your fathers diagnosis. You are a good caring son. Can you tell me what part of the country your father is being treated? How old is your Dad? I can tell you right off that second opinions are always recommended especially when dealing with a cancer diagnosis, that may require surgery. We can direct you to a top hospital, oncologist, uro-oncologist,& surgeon. It is best to have a team working on all the aspects of this disease.

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 11 months ago #16000 by Mark Rice
Replied by Mark Rice on topic My Father
That is very kind of you Tate. I wish you the very best as well. I'm thankful to have come across this site, it seems like a great source of information and inspiration.

m

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne