Well, the thing is that the doctor that is better had ,by coincidence, a scheduled
week off. Otherwise he would have been able to do it . He is a good doctor and with my insurance , I will be able to not pay for anything but him.
So I will wait out the 7-10 days and see what happens. But I will look at that link just in case it doesn't work out. Thanks so much for finding it for me
I had my second TURB done 9 days after the first because my incompetent local uro did not get a good specimen and left the margins in me.......you really need a second opinion and a better doctor. Is it an insurance problem or no insurance?
THere is a section on financial aid on the home page. http://blcwebcafe.org/content/view/191/206/lang,english/
Thank you, Rosemary and fear. Seems the rolercoaster is over here now. I play online poker and it's a good thing I did it for a living because I am playing it alot! right now and I'd be broke . I am even making money ,woohoo. I usually play at the casino. Online is cool and does help me when I am over the top anxious.
How do you stop feeling sorry for yourself? I know people have alot worse stuff , but I have overcome so many illnesses that I am beginning to feel like a punching bag . Can you really get punished for past deeds in other lives ??? I wonder what the heck I did?
And poor hubby . He is a wreck ,too. He goes to every appointment, operation, ICU, you name it ...he is right there. I am so happy I married this man , even after 33 years
Ok, I am done complaining ..........but it DID feel good!
I just hope when the urologist I trust gets back, that things will turn around and get done. :-\
I don't know if it helps you to know this, but, I've been there. My local Urologist never did get enough muscle tissue (after 2 tries), so I took myself to the State teaching hospital and the Urological Surgeon finally got enough on the 3rd try!!
I had two TURBs within a 2 month period, the second being for "residual" tumor. My doc said that it "is hard to get all the tumor" on the first try. Anyway, my first path report, we thought we were home free. Ta G1. The second path report from second TURB shocked my Uro because I was multifocal T1 G3. (But still not enough muscle.) I call it pathology roller coaster ride...
Anyway, 2 yrs later and some months too, I am still here. As far as I know, all is well. No recurrances....
This may sound trite, but, this is what I did, and it helped me to cope. I got a Sudoku puzzle book to keep my mind in check and sat in my chair, worked on puzzles and waited it out.
I'm just trying to tell you that you are not alone here, and it may turn out well, and even for the best....
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006
Getting just a Turbt I be losing trust with that Dr. and hospital. Suppose this were an RC then what you do there ain't no going back. I would go somewhere else, I don't understand why they can't send the whole tumor to Pathology seems simple enough to me. Joe
Turns out I need to do the whole thing ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!
I'm not even sure if my cancer is what they say it is because they didn't send the entire tumor to pathology. The urologist will do it again, remove the tumors, and see what is really going on.He is a good doctor but can't start for a week. And I need to heal for a bit longer too.
So , back to square one. It might be low grade , it might not. It might be localized ,it might not !!
I am so disappointed and worried again.
Plus every cent we spent was for nothing! Can't *&$%&ing believe it!
I just can't believe this is happening. I am in a nightmare. :'(