Well, it seems I am going to live YAY! I got to my appointment with minimal anxiety. And the news is good. He will do another cystoscopy in July and remove both small tumors and repair anything the last BUTCHER did to me. He was very upset with the one who did my biopsy and didn't stop my Plavix long enough. That is why I bled so long and heavy , plus he didn't cauterize the biopsy site.
He said no tumor has gone through the membrane layer (or something like that) , and though it may recur, the tumors can be removed right away and do not pose a threat to my life. It will most likely have to be examined every 6 months to a year, but not cause any real life threat. I am so happy ( happy as one can be with cancer looming)
I will talk more tomorrow. Right now I am so tired from the stress and the relief , that I will be off to bed VERY early.
Thanks for helping me , and I will be here bright and early. :-*
Tahoemom....I don't want to rain on your parade...but maybe i'm not understanding your post...you just had a cystoscopy not a TURB right?...and the doctor saw 2 tumors there and is not going to do a TURB to remove them and stage them? What am i missing here?
By the way Plavix stays in the system 7 days...just forewarning.
Yes on the Plavix, he was very upset that the doc that did the cystoscopy did not wait to do the biopsy until the Plavix wasn't an issue. So I bled and bled for days and had to have a catheter since the clots were so big it blocked the urine flow.
Also I just called to make sure what he said makes sense. In the morning light, after a good sleep, my mind is clearer and I also started thinking maybe 3 months was a bit long to wait.
They will get back to me today or Monday. Hopefully I will have an explanation by then or I will have to go to another doctor perhaps at UCDavis in Sacramento...it is a well known teaching hospital in this area.
Thanks for giving me more of the right questions to ask... I thought I had it down, but once I got there my mind wouldn't work right. Too nervous about the outcome , I guess.
tahoemom I have to agree with Pat on this one you found out why you bled I remember that post but without a Turbt at this point you don't know where you stand stage wise. I'm glad you found out things about the other issue but now you have to follow up and find out the stage of these tumors. Good Luck, Joe