Good morning

16 years 1 day ago #15695 by Clara
Replied by Clara on topic Good morning
Good Morning Jeanne and Karen,
Karen always has some good advice and we all have a lot of mixed feelings but this board offers so much support and we make it through.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 day ago #15694 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Good morning
Good Morning Jeanne,

Yes, at some point you will feel not so freaked out. I think it is called the "DADA" syndrome or theory. DADA meaning: D=Denial, A=Anger, D=Depression, A=Acceptance...these are generally the stages everyone goes through. The length of time between any of them depends on the individual. For instance if you generally have a positive attitude it may be a shorter amount of time between each phase. If you tend to get depressed easily then it may take longer. Attitude is a big part of the way you face this disease. I know it is hard right now to think positive, but if you can try your best, you will have an easier time of it. Keep telling yourself "I CAN HANDLE THIS".

Jeanne, I will be praying for you to have some peace today, to face what you must.

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 1 day ago #15692 by tahoemom
Good morning was created by tahoemom
I hope I won't become a bother. It's just so nice to talk to people who have been there or are there and know all that I am going through. So if I babble, please forgive me.

I wake up thinking EEK I have cancer . What will they do to me , will I live through it. on and on. Then I get a bit busy around the house and feel a bit better. I think this is going to take a while till I don't feel as scared, but from reading here that isn't unusual at all. That is so important to me.

I have anxiety /panic issues at times also , so this has me in a tailspin at times.

Maybe after today I will know more and can post about it here for advice about how to handle the situation.

At least I know it is ok to be freaking out about this. Do you ever ...unfreak? Or rather, when ? Right now I feel like probably never , but perhaps that will change.

Ok , I am probably babbling now. I have no one but hubby to babble to around here. Kids live too far away , mom is in a nursing home with Alzheimers ...so you guys are it :) I hope you don't mind adopting me for awhile .

Thanks and have a great day, Jeanne

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne