Just diagnosed yesterday and frantic

15 years 11 months ago #15675 by tahoemom
Replied by tahoemom on topic Just diagnosed yesterday and frantic
Thanks so much mznoregrets :) I am so glad you freaked out too..hmm, that sounded lousy but well, you know what I mean.
It was a shock. Big time shock. I am 64 and have been finally feeling wonderful, energetic, exercising, eating right , got great reports on my heart and arteries and newly diagnosed diabetes is under control with no pills or insulin.

Then hit with this , wow! I guess I'll get through it too, but as you might guess, I am not at all convinced .

Thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #15674 by tahoemom
I had a cystoscopy and they got a second opinion to be sure, then they sent the results to a urologist (a super one) and to UCDavis Medical Hospital, it is also a teaching hospital.

I will know all the details tomorrow , as my doctor could only confirm the tumors were cancerous.

One complication is that I take Plavix and have been off of it for almost 2 weeks now. That in itself could pose a threat to me since I need it for keeping clear as possible from plaque and clots. Hopefully I can take it after I see the uro guy tomorrow.

They did say that the report says "low grade" . I don't even know what that means , :( .

Thanks for posting ! I need all I can get . You're right, my mind just won't slow down today .

15 years 11 months ago #15673 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Just diagnosed yesterday and frantic
Hi Tahoe,

Yes, you are doing the same thing I did when I was diagnosed - I freaked out bigtime. Just 5 weeks before I had married. I had never even heard of bladder cancer before I had it. So it comes as a big shock...finding out what stage and grade, teatments etc will likely feel like additional blows, too. But you'll get your bearings again in time.

I made it thru surgery and chemo. Life is different and I see things much differently than before, and life is good again. You'll see, God bless, Holly

PS Keep posting - and reading. and asking for help. :)

15 years 11 months ago #15672 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic Just diagnosed yesterday and frantic
Hi Tahoemom,

I know that you feel like you are losing your mind right now...first you need to breathe deeply...and try to gain a little control back...I understand that your mind is going 100MPH, but there are things to get done as far as your diagnosis is concerned.

First, I highly suggest a second opinion. Preferable at a Major Cancer Center. This does not mean that you will need another cystoscopy, that is up to the Dr. but in most cases they will just review your slides/pathology reports.

Once that is done, that is when you will decide with your Dr the next course of action.

Can you tell us a little about your diagnosis? What did your pathology report say? What is your Dr. suggesting? Did they give you a stage or grade?

Willing to help anyway I can,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 11 months ago #15667 by tahoemom
I'm so glad someone replied. I don't know how to relax even to sleep right now. This came out of the blue. I never felt better in my life...overcame a heart attack, a stroke, diabetes and really felt I had finally became healthy...then POW!
Blood in my urine for about 2 weeks, a cystoscopy , and then the diagnosis.

I am not glad others know how I feel, but I am glad that people relate to my anxiety attack over this. I need some support badly!

I hope I hear from a lot of the folks here , I really need to :'(

15 years 11 months ago #15665 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Just diagnosed yesterday and frantic
PS...this is probably the very worst part that you are going through, right now....

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne