Dad has growth but no info!?!?

16 years 1 week ago #15379 by newbie08
Replied by newbie08 on topic Dad has growth but no info!?!?
Yes in Ireland! Rang another urologist this morning and his next available appointment is in August!!?!?! That is ridiculous and I was sure to tell them so!! Don’t know what to do? I’ve rang a few hospitals with no luck for an earlier date, could the growth be increasing and getting "deeper" by the day?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 week ago #15378 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Dad has growth but no info!?!?
Hi Newbie...yes thats a long time to wait for a biopsy which is called a TURB. Are you in Ireland? Pat

16 years 1 week ago #15376 by newbie08
Dad has growth but no info!?!? was created by newbie08
Hi everyone,
Unfortunatly I wish I wasnt on this website, its coming as a complete shock to me and even typing BC made me cry!! My dad was passing blood in his urine, he said it was for a couple of weeks (think he may be down playing this though, he always tries to protect us so I have a feeling it was longer than that!!) Anyway the bleeding got bad so he went to the doc, and was scheduled for a flexible Cystocopy, ultra sound and IVP which he had a the start of the week...They discovered "a growth" on the wall of his bladder!! Thankfully the IVP showed no abnormailites in the kideys etc. They said they will not know any more about the growth until he gets a biopsy done, we recieved a letter 2 days ago to say his appointment for this ridig Cysotocopy (to take biopsy and remove/burn off existing growth) is mid-May??? Is 4/5 weeks very long to wait for the biopsy, I'm not happy at all because how do we know its not growing every day and getting worse!! My dad is my world and I'm unbelievably scared!! Even though I'm convincing myself its nothing from reading a lot of the posts it seems that's not likely, I've read that over 90% are milignant (of some kind!) :'( Any advice on what we should do going forward would be greatly appreciated!!
Ireland

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne