How to confirm diagnosis & staging is accurate

17 years 6 months ago #1441 by rentanag
Replied by rentanag on topic How to confirm diagnosis & staging is accurate
Deb,

I suggest you send this very same message to a young man who is a member of the webcafe, and his name is Chris (cta7978).  He has superficial bc and has done a great deal of research on the subject and has helped many others with his postings on this site.  I just checked before writing this to you and he was online around midnight (eight hours ago), so I know he's still checking the site.  He's always willing to answer any question that falls within the area his knowledge covers, and if he doesn't know he usually has a good suggestion as to where to find an answer.  I do hope this helps you in finding an answer to your concerns.

Lou Graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #1440 by wendy
Hi Deb,
If your husband had a definite T1, grade 3 or high grade( meaning III/III, not III/IV because IV is no longer used), many doctors these days perform a second TUR a month or so after the first one. Residual tumor would be the thing to rule out.

Was your husband offered other treatment aside from removal of the tumor? Did you see the pathology report and discuss it with the doctor?

Ta or T1 grade III bladder cancer needs a careful work up as well as close follow up, it's one of the most controversial subjects in the field of uro-oncology.

Keep asking questions, and good luck with everything.
Wendy

17 years 6 months ago #1439 by deb
Hi All;

This is my first posting, though I have been reading alot in the Forum since July when my Husband was first diagnosed with a T1 High Grade Papillary Tumor. My question/concern is as follows: Even though we are very lucky that this is only Stage 1 (cnfirmed via second opinion and follow-up random biopsy), I remain nervous that there may be other sites (ureters, lymph nodes or other organs) because he was symptomatic for almost 3 years before the TURBT. But his doctors say "not to worry" it is only Stage 1. Yet no one on his medical team seem to want to check any lymph nodes or do a follow-up CT or MRI of the abdomen. Am I over reacting or should he have a more thorough workup?

Thanks in advance for the feedback,
Deb

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne