37 female new to group

16 years 1 month ago #14004 by ConnieOnAQuest
Replied by ConnieOnAQuest on topic 37 female new to group
When the resection of the bladder is done to remove a tumor, cancerous cells can be left behind that can start new tumors -- reseeding. They try to get it all, but it doesn't always happen. Next time you talk to your doctor, you could ask him about reseeding. But you could be having recurrences for another reason, or for no reason that can be determined.

I don't personally know of someone with multiple recurrences in the first year, but you could look through the posts in the superficial non-invasive bladder cancer section of the forum to see if there is someone with that kind of history and contact them.

Good luck -- Connie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14002 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic 37 female new to group
Becky...i live in Ohio....The best place for treatment is The Cleveland Clinic..its #2 in the nation in Urology..........cms.clevelandclinic.org/urology/body.cfm?id=592&source=home_intro
I had my surgery done there 5 years ago...they are amazing.
Let me know if i can refer you........pat

16 years 1 month ago #13998 by becky37
Replied by becky37 on topic 37 female new to group
ladies thanks does any one know anyone who has so many reocurences so soon male or female ????? curious to talk to others like me. teah my urologist does want to talk. if i come w/ a list he will lean against counter and answer . but i dont know what to ask. i will try to get my records for sure now. i went to an oncologist and she wouldnt talk to me either her response '' we dont deal w/ bc we refer you right to a urologist. '' i am waiting to talk to a women who is in charge of a cancer support group she said she knows a female urologist who she thinks will call me or send me in the right direction. IMPORTANT .......... WHAT DOES RESEEDING MEAN ????? never heard that before. they are is the same area not the same spot but the same area is my understanding. what do they do for that ?????????????????? is any one from ohio ??

16 years 1 month ago #13938 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic 37 female new to group
Becky do you have access to your pathology reports? You should be able to get them from the hospital where you had the tumors removed...you just have to sign the medical release forms. Since your doctor does not communicate with you i doubt that he will give them to you. Where are you located? I do think its time for a second opinion from all you say. Pat

16 years 1 month ago #13936 by ConnieOnAQuest
Replied by ConnieOnAQuest on topic 37 female new to group
Hi Becky,

I'm sorry to hear you are having so many recurrences early on. I was 45 when I was first diagnosed (now 54), so I know how it feels to be a relatively young woman with this disease. In my case, I didn't have my first recurrence until 1-1/2 years after the original tumor, but it does happen where recurrences are frequent like yours. Sometimes the tumor that is removed "reseeds" itself. Were your tumors in the same area of your bladder each time?

If your urologist is not communicating with you and answering your questions, it really would be in your best interest to talk to another one, bringing all of your medical records with you.

I'm sure you'll be happy with this site and the knowledge and caring you'll receive here. Best wishes to you.

Connie

16 years 1 month ago #13934 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic 37 female new to group
Hi Becky,

Welcome...I Wish it were under different circumstances...but I am glad you found this site...There are many knowledgeable people who will give and ask for a wealth of information.

I do have one suggestion to start off answering this thread...Get a second opinion, and keep copies of all of your medical records...I am sure you will get a lot of good suggestions here...

Don't be afraid to ask anything,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne