Not Diagnosed yet but............

16 years 1 month ago #13616 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Not Diagnosed yet but............
BCW, if you would like I can give you a call and relay my experince.

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #13615 by Bcw
Replied by Bcw on topic Not Diagnosed yet but............

Thank you for the reply, How exactly do they remove the tumor?

16 years 1 month ago #13614 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Not Diagnosed yet but............
BCW the odds are in you favor that it is nothing. I had blood in my urine on two occasions once in Feb and Oct 07 for about a day. Both times I went to the doctor and my urine results were negative with no problems noted. Because it happened a second time my doctor sent me to a urologist for a cysto. To my surprise I then had a 4 cm tumor removed that was non invasive, low grade stage 0. I was very lucky with that pathology report. I now need to see the urologist every three months for follow up to take care of any reoccurences. Try not to worry until you know all the facts. I am 52. You are doing the right thing by having this checked out and it sounds as if your doctor is just be thorough.

16 years 1 month ago #13613 by Bcw
I am very scared.
This is the story, About 15 months ago I went to the Dr. for a checkup. He told me I had a small amount of blood in my urine. He sent me to a urologist and the blood was still there. A lab was supposed to contact me about a urogram, they didn't and I forgot about it.
Right around new years I noticed one small drop of blood after urinating right after doing 45 minutes on the cardio machine, this is the only time I had ever visually seen blood. I called the urologist and explained what happened and they scheduled the urogram. I had the urogram in around 1/12 and about a week later the urologist called and said they want to do a cysto. This immediately freaked me out becuase I thought that they must have found something and they wanted to investigate further, the Urologists office had no idea and said that it was routine and I shouldn't worry about it.
I guess what I am asking is does this sound like cancer?
I have no other symptoms at all, I am 30 years old and have never smoked a cigarette in my life.
The Cysto is tomorrow, which I am deathly afraid of.
So bottom line,

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne