at the beginning- had surgery today

17 years 7 months ago #1317 by rugrat1956
Replied by rugrat1956 on topic at the beginning- had surgery today
ok, I'm a whimp. Is the pain after TURB supposed to be this bad? It is bearable with the tylenol 3 untill I go pee then I can barely stand it. Everything hurts. No postion is comfortable. It's all I can do to sit here and type. How long is this pain going to last? Is it bad from the cauterization of the tumor site? I don't want to drink anything because I don't want to pee but that seems to be making it worse. It is 1:48 am and I cna't sleep. Please, any advise. Thank you, elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #1315 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic at the beginning- had surgery today
Elaine,
   This sounds somewhat familiar.  My doc thought when scoping me that the tumour was small, but when he did the TURB, he discovered that it took up a whole third of the right back quadrant of my bladder. That was in January, and this is September and I still have my bladder. Of course, because of the nature of this disease, I have come to accept the fact, that someday, I may have to give it up.
     I know that waiting on the pathology is very hard.  
  Just know that we have been through this and we are here to talk to.

Get some rest.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 7 months ago #1313 by rugrat1956
at the beginning- had surgery today was created by rugrat1956
Ouch. The tumor, we were told last week, was about the size of a pencil eraser. When he got in there today it was almost 5cm. When I saw it last week it looked like a little mushroom on a stalk. The picture he gave me today looks like a big ugly blob but I don't know what I am looking at. He didn't tell me anything else today... just he was surprised at the size and he sent it out to the pathologist. He cut it out and cauterized the area. I didn't bleed at all but am in a lot of pain. The hour and a half ride home was hard. Had to stop at three gas stations to try to pee. I have tylenol 3 for that and an anitbiotic. I hope to hear the stage and grade in a few days then I go in next tuesday to find out my options. I've been reading and reading but don't know what i'm dealing with yet. Any more advice before I find out the path results? You people have been my sanity. Thank you. Elaine

elaine f.
dob- 1956
female- Indiana, USA
caucasian
smoked cigarettes- 1975-?
5cm-noninvasive- low grade- papillary
TURB- Sept 11,2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne