34 year old newby in Seattle

16 years 2 months ago #12769 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic 34 year old newby in Seattle
I HAD THE CATHADER FOR ABOUT A WEEK, 2NIGHTS IN THE HOSPITAL AND TRANSFUSIONS, WAS TOLD BEFORE THE SURGERY iT WOULD BE OUTPATIENT, NOTHING IS WRITTEN IN STONE WHATS EASY FOR SOME MAY BE HELL FOR SOMEBODY ELSE, BEST OF LUCK TO YOU,i TOOK A CHANCE SPELLING :D :D SODACAT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #12768 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic 34 year old newby in Seattle
There are quite a few here your age that have BC so it is not that uncommon. Also after a Turbt everyone usually gets a foley for awhile after the procedure till you are stable and can void on your own. And your MBB personally I would not make a game out of it because you never know what can happen just my opinion. Cancer is no joke no matter what stage you are in. I wish you the best and good luck. Cheers, Joe ;)

16 years 2 months ago #12767 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic 34 year old newby in Seattle
I have been reading here for awhile too, and there isnt a way I can find to check spelling so guess I cant reply, wish I could but not without spell check, if theres a way please let me know,thanks ??? ???

16 years 2 months ago #12763 by ale53
34 year old newby in Seattle was created by ale53
Hello all-

I've been lurking on the board for two weeks following the incidental finding of a "solid bladder mass" by ultrasound (1/4/08). Went for a CT (1/10), brought home the films and then played "find the spot". Husband said he'd give me a dollar if the spot I pointed out was my bladder buddy (fondly nicknamed MBB).

Went to the urologist Friday, who found a nickel sized tumor via cystoscopy. Words he used to describe it: frondy, like a sea anemone, on a stalk, looks like a little bush. It is located near my left ureteral orifice. Doctor says it is a transition cell carcinoma. Seems like the best bad news we could've gotten. So I finally signed up to post and here I am!

I'm waiting to hear back tomorrow to see when they have my TURBT scheduled, likely to be 1/25 or 1/28. So TURBT and then keep fingers crossed and wait for the pathlogy report.

I feel so very fortunate that this was caught completely by accident. I'm a 34 year old female. From what I can tell this is not common (having BC at this age, not being a 34 yo :D). I had no symptoms and not a clue that I had MBB.

I was so happy to stumble across this community and the resources on this site. Thank you!

Quick question: How many of you had a catheter after your TURBT?
My doctor says he is 75% sure I won't need one, but depending on the bleeding I may get one. It will be a game time decision.

Any other advice or thoughts on what to expect would be appreciated.

Best wishes,
Lynn

PS I got the dollar!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne