During all the many pre-operative tests for my open hearth surgery, the doctors determened a Bladder Cancer Grade 3. It was removed two weeks ago and I have to be re-examened in two weeks.
The status now is MO-T1 when I understood the urologist well.
Me and my wife were already very concerned about the open heart surgery. This should take place in the month of september. My Aorta ascendis is enlarged to a critical stade. Most probably also the valves has to be renewed. Besides all emotions and uncertainties there is the extra worry of conflicting
situations in the near future. To be more precise: If I will be operated on my Aorta, I presume that for some time a operation for my Bladdercancer will not be possible.
Yesterday when we heart the bad news for the first time, I adressed this issue with my urologist and she stated: The Aorta correction must get more priority.
If she is right, this scares me more. Reading through this Webcafe and other literature I understand that, where it concerns the cancer, a delay in a surgery for months is a very bad option too.
The worry and fear about this combined-problem is inmense.
I have an appointment with my cardiologist next thursday.
Maybe there is someone in this group who can share his or her experience with the above dilemma.
I ( dutchman ) hope I expressed myself in a understandable way.
The matters are complety new for me and my wife. What I see in this group that this will change
during the process. We have to get started.
If I read what you say your grade and stage are T1G3, you're waiting awhile may not be as critical as if it were a muscle invasive type cancer. That is something you need to clarify with your urologist/surgeon, but we do have a sort of resident expert here on the WebCafe and his name is Chris and his story is under cta7978. I don't recall off the top of my head which forum he's posted in specifically (his story), but it is there. You could also just look for any one of his many postings, when you find it click on his member name and it will take you to his profile. From there you would be able to send him a personal message, email, or whatever type communication he offers. I think he could help alleviat some of your fear, as well as give you some solid information on the disease (Superficial Bladder Cancer).
Best of luck and God Bless,
I'm not sure that you need to worry so much about the bladder cancer at this point. If I read you right, I have the same stage and grade as you do, and so far, everything has gone okay.
The added stress of this worry cannot be good for you. I think you should let your doctors be your guide in this.
Though I'm not getting the whole picture, it sounds as if the bladder cancer may be treatable.
I know it must be hard to do, but please try and catch your breath...
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006
:-/Welcome: I was told in Feb I had t-1 then 6 treatments of BCG then otehr turb in May still T-1 but Doc said to remove, But I waited I had another URO do a turb last week still a T-1 but I am drinking Isaic tea and lots of natural herbale meds. I am trying to get thru my sumer work cometments. Then In oct remove it if nessary but one thing for sure we are all diferant and may not progress in the same way. i took a Gamble and it is working out. Good luck these disitions are not easy. PS I was going to have I neo done by robotixcs 2 weeks ago but insurance woyld not pay. they say it is to new. It cuts down on recovery time> Don
These links can be copied and pasted into your browser. From what I can tell, T1 disease is nothing to write home about, can be an opportunity for an early cure, and the beginning stage of just how tricky this can be to manage.
Your English is great! Ik woon zelf in Amsterdam, al 23 jaar. Waar woon jij?
I'm sorry to hear about these two very scary health problems you're facing, but I trust your doctor when she says take care of the heart problem first. You had the bladder tumor removed, you will see in two weeks the state of things in the bladder. If there is still some tumor left, it can be removed again. A stage T1 tumor would give you enough time to have the heart surgery first. Maybe you won't need further treatment in the bladder. There are treatments that are relatively easy to take. More information about treatments can be found in the section for superficial bladder cancer here: blcwebcafe.org/superficialblca.asp
It's wise to learn the territory a bit, doctors tend to share as much information as they think you want to know, so if you you want all the details you really must push. It's a bit better here in Holland, I think. I'm a breast cancer survivor, going to AVL in Amsterdam, it's a good institution, the best. In fact if you can follow up there for your bladder cancer, after the heart surgery, you would be in the best hands.