CAT scans

16 years 4 months ago #11387 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic CAT scans
My problem is not in the diagnosis phase but the maintenence phase and it seems to vary widely between doctors and institutions and countries. My oncologist felt he could tell by my blood work if anything was amiss so i made the decision after 2 yrs to only have the CT scans at a year interval. I have blood work done every 6 months.
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #11378 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic CAT scans
I am with you on this one Holly. The benefits of CT scans, in my view for my BC is considerably greater than the risk, if any, associated with the scan.

16 years 4 months ago #11352 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic CAT scans
Hi Greta and Don,
I must admit that I am clueless as to how much danger there is in CAT scans for the average healthy individual vs (for instance) a cancer patient. I know that I have had 3 CT chests this year with the 4th one coming up soon. I also have had 3 bone scans and other films/exrays to boot. Personally, I am more afraid of giving the cancer a chance to grow unseen than I am of scanning. I am curious how other stage 2's and 3's feel about this one - pipe in folks :)
God Bless, Holly

16 years 4 months ago #11345 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic CAT scans
I am not sure but arround here on the world and local news ther have been some reports that it is like a 100 normal xrays. We must do waht we have to to limit. They say if you need it do it but to many docs are to fast to pull the triger. Don

Hanging in there!

16 years 4 months ago #11341 by Mike
CAT scans was created by Mike
Any known danger in repeated CT scans? Any problems associated with the swallowed contrast or the IV dye used?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne