Getting biopsies tomorrow

16 years 3 months ago #11406 by star
Replied by star on topic Getting biopsies tomorrow
SAME HERE AFTER THE VERY FIRST TIME HAD IT DONE OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND BCG AND INTERFERION AND MITYOCINE. DOC EXPLAINS IT LIKE THIS-THE CANCER SHEDS CELLS AND THEY FLOAT AROUND IN THERE HANGNING OUT WITH CHEMO IN HOPES TO KILL THOSE LITTLE GUYS BUT NOT ALWAYS THE CASE. I have had 8 turbts and 7 rounds of various chemo in less then 2 yrs so it sounds par for the course to get you healthy. my scopes are every 3 months. I will have my 10th scope in Feb and a biopsy again then.
But for today I am free of clumps for the first time since this came in my life.
take care. Star

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #11344 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Getting biopsies tomorrow
Archrock,

It sounds like your Urologist is just being very cautious.

I had a repeat TURB 6 weeks after my initial TURB in order to look for "residual tumour". My Doc said that "It's very hard to get it all."

3 months and 5 BCG treatments later doesn't exactly sound like he is looking for residual turmor, but it does sound like the Uroligist is being consciencious. I don't get the idea that the Dr. knows something that you don't know, I think he is just being cautious. If it were me, I would be glad about this.

Good luck tomorrow,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 3 months ago #11342 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Getting biopsies tomorrow
After my mitomycin treatment (I didn't have BCG) my next cysto was also an operative in hospital cysto for biopsies. My cancer was high grade, but also superficial. Since you will be in hospital and anesthetized, they can do everything that they did when they removed your original cancer. This does not mean you'll be having biopsies every time or that something is worse than you thought. It's probably just a post BCG follow up for a tumor that concerned your urologist.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

16 years 3 months ago #11337 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Getting biopsies tomorrow
Usually they just go in and do another cysto at 3 weeks but perhaps your uro wants to make sure he got all the margins on the first TURB? I would certainly ask why ? What did your first pathology report indicate? Pat

16 years 3 months ago #11333 by KALWASINSKI
Replied by KALWASINSKI on topic Getting biopsies tomorrow
Try not to worry too much. My Doctor is doing the same thing with me. My growth was almost like yours it seems. It's more like let make sure the problem does not return. As far as removing a new Cancer during your check up I think if it is very small that would not be a problem. I will be doing the same as you next week so best of luck to you.

16 years 3 months ago #11329 by archrock
Getting biopsies tomorrow was created by archrock
After surgery 3 months ago and 5 BCG treatments (I missed the 6th due to bad reactions to treatment and constant delays) I am scheduled tomorrow for another visit to the hospital for biopsies. My tumor was dx as non-invasive, non aggressive but my urologist said it was borderline because it looked "gross". I am pretty worried and had another CT scan but don't know the results. I imagine I will find out tomorrow before they put me out.

Has anyone had this done? I knew I would need routine cystos but not biopsies. Can they determine if there is cancer while I am out or will I need to return if they find something later?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne