Frequent Urges

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #55803 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Frequent Urges
One of my yearly scopes about 5-6 years ago I had a bad UTI and the frequent urges were part of that! The doc worked me in the day I called. Also, as Sara Anne said it also could be the TURB irritation. Either way, you are paying via your own or insurance and that is what the doc is for. If it is an UTI he doesn't want that to invade his kidneys nor his URO!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #55794 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Frequent Urges
Yes, call the doc’s office. It could be a UTI...or just irritation from the TURB. Whatever, the doc can give him something to alleviate the problem. But if he won’ follow your advice, he probably won’t take mine either!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tintin

5 years 6 months ago #55793 by Tintin
Frequent Urges was created by Tintin
My husband had a TURBT 2 weeks ago. He was doing fine but in the last couple days he’s said he has frequent urges to pee but his bladder’s empty so nothing comes out. Is this normal or could it be a UTI? I’ve told him to call the doc and ask but, naturally he doesn’t think it’s necessary.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne