Grandfather with bladder cancer, what to expect?

8 years 11 months ago #48638 by Acalvert
My husbands grandfather was diagnosed with bladder cancer a couple months ago or that is when they found it. Before that he had colon cancer for years. He's 81. Hospice comes out like once every 1-2 weeks or whenever he needs them too but as far as any questions we may have they will not answer. I have looked online for the end stages but it just keeps referring me to treatment sites. He does not want any kind of treatment he says he's 81 and has lived a whole life. Anyways on to my question... For the past week or so he is passing this white stuff and my husbands grandmother believes this is his bladder disintegrating? She asked the hospice nurse and she didn't say yes but she pretty much confirmed that it was that. He had also has been passing blood in his urine like a lot to the point of sometimes he gets these spells like he's passing out. I'm just trying to understand all this, where he is in his stage of cancer. I know here lately he's been in a lot of pain hospice just had to up his meds, he lays in bed all day everyday he never wants to get up anymore and they just had to come out yesterday to cath him. Any answers would be helpful! Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne