End Stage bladder cancer

11 years 7 months ago #42898 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic End Stage bladder cancer
Yes CLB
Please keep us in the info circle. We are a determined bunch and we "have been there" Your dad is a valuable commodity and is worth keeping.
I fhe is going to the Dr., perhaps you could go along. Bring a notebook and jot down questions before you go. Also jot down thoughts as you are there.
I remember the Dr. discussion being a white hot blurr as the news of treatment and cancer were discussed.
As for being "a man" I have this to say "Being a man is so much more than being a sexual Addonis" Just ask my wife. She says I am a better man since I had cancer, than before.
She also thinks I am living life a bit fuller than before cancer Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

CLB. You have done a great thing for your father. You probably saved his life!
There are lots of hero's in this cancer thing....... and they aren't all cancer patients. Your dad owes you a big thanks. Well, maybe a knowing look and a shared beer.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #42882 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic End Stage bladder cancer
Thanks for the kudos folks. I have to tell you though that the BIGGEST kudo for me is when I saw that his dad was going to go see the doctor again! It's all about his dad.

CLB: Keep us in the loop. As you can see, George had his bladder out back in 2008 also and that's him in his race car in the picture. Having a replacement bladder (or even an ileal conduit) does NOT slow us down. Your dad needs to know that!

Best,
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 7 months ago #42880 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic End Stage bladder cancer
CLB6
Your father has met his match in Mike. He refuses to let anyone Give up.

Way to Go Mike! YOU deserve the Kudos. "Never Give up!"

Your father has made a great decision and, hopefully, will become a future survivor and advocate on this site.

Thank you for taking the initiative and getting on this site and asking the BIG questions. I am sure there are other lurkers here that just haven't decided to take that step yet. You may have saved anothers life by caring for your father!

Good luck as you journey through this path.

As you can tell. There are many here who have followed the same route and will freely give their advice to make your journey a better one than they had

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

11 years 7 months ago #42848 by mmc
CLB6,

If you wanted to use the "Contact Us" form to get information privately to me about having a chat with your dad, the link is: bladdercancersupport.org/bladder-cancer-help/bladder-cancer-site-help/bladder-cancer-cus.html

Mike

Age 54

11 years 7 months ago #42845 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic End Stage bladder cancer
I am happy about the way this is turning out. Way to go, Mike, for posting the right words for CLB to share with his father. Way to go, CLB, for having the conversation with your dad and pushing him in the right direction. Hope and pray that things go well with your dad's doctor's visit.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

11 years 7 months ago #42844 by mmc
You don't know how glad I am to read your message about your dad!!!

Of course, it likely doesn't compare to how glad YOU were when he told you he changed his position.

Facing this thing head on and dealing with it is WAY better than just letting it take you out without doing anything. It is not a pretty way to die.

If your dad would like to talk to me on the phone, I'm sure we could figure something out. Maybe you can send a note through the "contact us" section and they can give me his number or your email and you and I can set something up offline. If he wants to email me privately, I'm open to that as well.

We don't want to post phone numbers or email on this forum because people troll these areas looking for people to spam and scam. He has to be worried at this point and I'm guessing it is NOT too late. I'm not a doctor but I'm guessing he's just recently had his recurrence and that it is time to do something about it.

Mike

Age 54

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne