End Stage bladder cancer

11 years 7 months ago #42925 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic End Stage bladder cancer
I know about parents being private. They feel their private lives are "State Secrets" for God's sake! LOL
But, cancer is a whole other story. When he goes to the Dr. alone, he is just as shocked and dismayed as anyone. He may forget a question or an option he needs to consider.

As for the blood, I had blood in my urin intermittently for about 6 months before I went in and had a Dr. look. So don't rush to a negative conclusion. I had my Bladder taken out 4 years ago and every 3 months(now 6 months) they check to see if I am still on the right track.

Keep on doing what you are doing. You keep your dad on track... And you will have him around for a long time.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
The following user(s) said Thank You: lotech35

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #42921 by CLB6
Replied by CLB6 on topic End Stage bladder cancer
I'm the youngest of four boys. I stayed home except for a year I went away to trade school. I live next door to my parents and my next oldest brother, wife and children live a block away in my late Grandfather's house. I'm usually the first to know what's going on. Mom is good about keeping me informed. He hasn't wanted anyone going with him to the doctors office. My parents are the most private people I've ever known. They think Facebook is absurd. lol They're old school. Dad will be 75 the 23rd of this month. My Dad is my best friend.

Thank you all so much.

11 years 7 months ago #42917 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic End Stage bladder cancer
When I had my recurrence (two years after my first round of bladder cancer) I was getting big clumpy blood clots and sometimes lots and lots of blood. Other times, not so much. Mine had just barely become muscle invasive at that point.

Odds are, yes, the cancer is back. But that is all it means so far. Thanks for posting the progress. The amount of blood isn't really a huge indicator of anything other than there is bleeding. The tests and the look are going to tell the story he and you need to know.

My money is on "it's not too late but he needs to get this done this time and get the thing out". That's what I'm hoping for. Unless somebody proves otherwise, that is the plan. :)

He knows you are there for him. That means a lot. Facing this together with a loved one is way easier. Talk... Real men do talk! :) Let him know he can tell you anything and not to worry about you. You'd be surprised how many of us worry about what to say to others so we don't freak them out.

Keep us posted!
Thanks!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 7 months ago #42915 by CLB6
Replied by CLB6 on topic End Stage bladder cancer
Well, Dad went last week to the doctor and they have him going back tomorrow and Tuesday for test. Same tests they did back in February I believe. A skeletal scan and to check his lungs. Then he goes back to the cancer doctor on the 29th to find out what's going to happen.

The blood in his urine is still coming daily and though out the day. This afternoon he had me go in and flush the toilet after he had gone and there was quite a bit of blood. I told him it didn't look very dark but he said it does when it comes out and then dilutes in the toilet water. His moral is pretty low. He says he's still not in any pain when going to the bathroom or otherwise. Says he feels alright.

Should he be drinking more fluids to offset the bleeding?

Mike, really appreciate yours and everyone else's concern. I may in deed put him in touch with you at some point. He told me today he was ready to get it out. I think right now we're all just praying they take it out and that it hasn't spread.

11 years 7 months ago #42901 by hwg
Replied by hwg on topic End Stage bladder cancer
please keep me in your circle also he had his bladder out last march and last august stage 4 i had 32 years and no secrets he was given 6 to 9 months andattended his sons weddig on nov 26th i will 6 months tomorrow hes gone thanks for the kind words keep n touch

11 years 7 months ago #42900 by hwg
Replied by hwg on topic End Stage bladder cancer
thanksfor your kind word he had his bladdder out last march but was doing ok and in august of last yearit was stage 4 chemo did not work for him i had 32 years and wanted more

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne