Anita\'s Story

12 years 1 month ago #41166 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Anita\'s Story
Thanks so much for your perspective, Anita. Bladder cancer affects so many more people than the person who gets the diagnosis. It is definitely a family affair.

I am very thankful for the support of my family and friends who anxiously await that phone call on my way out of the hospital after my checkups.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #41165 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Anita\'s Story
There ya go making us cry again. We love you too. :blush:

Doug you are one lucky dog. ;)

MARK

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

12 years 1 month ago #41164 by DougG
Anita\'s Story was created by DougG
Doug was diagnosed in May 2001 with non-invasive bladder cancer. I didn't go with him to his first appointment with the urologist...we just thought he had kidney stones? Doug is no fan of the "peek and poke" so his doctor gives him something to help him relax and I drive him to the appointments....and so, I am there if the doctor sees something and I get called back. I think I get more anxious prior to and the day of the exam than Doug does. When Doug walks out the door, I can start breathing again! I cringe when they call me back because I know "it's back". Thank God "it's" been gone for 2 years now.

This forum and the chat has been a God send to me. I am thankful to be able to talk to bladder cancer survivors and to have HOPE!! Nowhere else are there people who understand, can listen, and offer advice through the blc journey. Hope and love are the things that helps me through.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne