Another Life impacted by cancer

12 years 2 months ago #41072 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Another Life impacted by cancer
George,

I know nothing about that cancer. I know it is a great thing you and your wife are doing by being there.

My mother died at the age of 47 from breast cancer. The thing that hurt her so, so, so much was that friends deserted her. I didn't sleep the last few days of her life as I was holding her hand so she knew she was not alone. Even when she lost conscientiousness, she knew I was there. Then, when my father got back from finally going home for some sleep, he kissed her, said goodbye and she breathed her last breath.

Her family was there for her. Friends, even when she was still able to work (she had two years notice) hurt her immensely without knowing it. They were protecting themselves and many don't know what to say. So, my friend, what you and your wife are doing is heroic in my eyes. I mean that from the core of my soul.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #41070 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Another Life impacted by cancer
George, I am so very sorry about your friend and her diagnosis. Glioblastomas are indeed nasty and they don't usually have a good outcome. But, I love that you and your wife just went to your friends as that is what they need most now. Caring people around them. As we've all written on this forum before...we really do know who our true friends are once cancer comes into our lives! Prayer are coming from SW FLA USA for your friends!

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #41066 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic Another Life impacted by cancer
George, So sorry to hear your sad news. I just want to wish you and your friends the best. This is the thing I hate most of this whole cancer thing. There is always someone new having to fight it. I am sure you will be a great comfort to their family.
Duke

12 years 2 months ago #41061 by GKLINE
Another Life impacted by cancer was created by GKLINE
Sad news was on my plate the last few days. My childhood friend and his wife have always been there for us. They were a little skittish when I gat cancer and stayed away.... fearing they wouldn't know what to do.
Before we got married, my wife Audrey and "Betsy" shared an apartment for a year and we all had a wonderful time starting out on life.
Yesterday, I found out that Betsy had a spell where she couldn't talk coherently on Monday. She was taken to a local hospital and transferred to a larger hospital for a battery of tests.... MRI and CatScan. And even though she had had both tests done 11 months ago (she suffers with migrain headaches and they tested to be sure... showed nothing) This time they showed Glioblastoma brain cancer. This is a very aggressive and clingy type of cancer and the prognosis is not good even at this early stage.

Audrey and I went to see them today and we turned the clock back 30 years. As we walked to the house from the car, I was so afraid we would be a nuisance to them at this time.......... but we HAD to go. But I remembered how great it was for me when someone would venture to my porch and find that I was happy to have them there.

So the prognosis is not good. But WE are in this with them now! A new fight has begun. So if you know anything about this cancer and where the best place to go is........... Let me know. I need to find the Cynthia Kinsella of the Brain cancer society.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne