Am I doing the best?

12 years 6 months ago #39585 by harleygirl
Replied by harleygirl on topic Am I doing the best?
I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember that when we tried to get my Dad into MD Anderson, we were told they couldn't take a patient who had begun treatment somewhere else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #39532 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Am I doing the best?
its sounds like they're hitting him heavy duty right now but i would contact MD Anderson and maybe get a second opinion as you may need some options later at some point and they've got all the trials and access to newer protocols. I would maybe think about contacting Dr. Kamat
faculty.mdanderson.org/Ashish_Kamat/Default.asp
pat

12 years 6 months ago #39525 by quinlanm
Am I doing the best? was created by quinlanm
my husband is 39 and has stage 4 BC. We go to Texaas Oncology for chemo and Urology Assoc of North Texas. I noticed how many times MD Anderson is recommended on here. It makes me concerned that I should get my husband into MD Anderson. He does seem to be responding well to the chemo MVAC. He is starting his 3rd round. The first week of Novemeber, he will be scanned to see if the METs have been removed from his bones and lungs.Initially, I considered MD Anderson, but his cancer is very aggressive and we didn't have time to wait to get into MD Anderson. What should I know?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne