Am I doing the best?

12 years 2 months ago #40670 by quinlanm
Replied by quinlanm on topic Am I doing the best?
I'm sorry you are going through this. You are too young to be dealing with this. Glad you got into MD Anderson. They will treat you well!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #40669 by quinlanm
We, too, met with a surgeon at UANT. Who was it? We saw Shepherd.

12 years 2 months ago #40667 by jasonr
Replied by jasonr on topic Am I doing the best?
I went to MD A for a second opinion. I am having everything done there. I am in deep south Texas and there isn't anything close by with MD A's know how and technical expertise. I have received nothing but the best from them. My cancer however will not co-operate. After 4 TURBTs and a round of BCG, I am having a radical cystectomy on Jan. 17th. I am glad I am going there to have this done. Your husband and I are far too young for this stuff. I was diagnosed at 36. I hope all is going as well as possible for your family.

Jason, 37
T1 TCC, CIS, non invasive

@ 36, DX: 03/2011, T1HG, TCC/CIS, BCG (Didn't work) NeoBladder Sched: 01/2012,

12 years 2 months ago #40665 by harleygirl
Replied by harleygirl on topic Am I doing the best?
I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and my Dad has been treated at both the places you mentioned. He currently has a urologist at UANT who I don't like at all! He also received excellent treatment for complications after his RC surgery by a great bladder cancer surgeon at UT Southwestern in Dallas, Dr. Ganesh Raj. UTSW is closer than Houston for you, most likely, and a great place to be treated for bladder cancer. My Dad had his RC surgery at Baylor All Saints in Ft. Worth and I wish he had gone to UTSW instead! If MD Anderson had taken Dad's insurance, we would have gone there but no such luck.

12 years 2 months ago #40663 by quinlanm
We tried to go to MD Anderson and were told that we had to finish this current treatment.I guess when we finish this treatment (this month) and we get the scan back, we can try again and hope like crazy that it's not a 3 month wait to get in.

12 years 5 months ago #39587 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Am I doing the best?
I went there after being treated elsewhere and they had no problem seeing me. I opted to go elsewhere but it was my choice, not their (MD Anderson) choice.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne