Does bladder cancer metasticize to the stomach?

12 years 7 months ago #39288 by prayn4peace
Replied by prayn4peace on topic Does bladder cancer metasticize to the stomach?
Thank you so much! This helps and I appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #39287 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Does bladder cancer metasticize to the stomach?
Ann,
sometimes in the later stages of the disease, the efficiency of the kidneys is affected, which means the body cannot eliminate drugs from the system as quickly as before. So drugs which previously had little side effects, such as nausea, begin to create this type of problem as they build up in the body. This should show up on blood analysis and may indicate the need to change to a different drug,
Diane

12 years 7 months ago #39270 by prayn4peace
Replied by prayn4peace on topic Does bladder cancer metasticize to the stomach?
Thank you, Mike! Medications don't usually affect her so we didn't think it was that but I'm hoping it is- your reply was very helpful and I appreciate it. Peace...

12 years 7 months ago #39266 by mmc
Anything could be possible.

The typical places for bladder cancer metastasis are bones, lungs, liver, kidneys, and brain.

The doctor would know but it is extremely common for the pain meds to cause nausea. Higher doses of pain meds almost always cause nausea so it is more than likely that is the cause of her nausea.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 7 months ago #39259 by prayn4peace
Hello there; I have another question about my mom's cancer. She's been doing well, more pain these past few days but with increased doses of oxycontin and vicodan it's been managed. She's still chatty and cheerful.

However, last night she started feeling nauseous. This morning, she started to eat breakfast and immediately vomited. She no longer felt nauseated but couldn't keep anything down. She tried a little juice this afternoon and immediately threw it up, too. Hospice called in an anti-nausea pill but she still can't eat or drink. We'd also noticed for some time that she'd been eating a lot but wasn't gaining any weight; she has a lot of stomach pain but we chalked that up to kidney pain from the bladder cancer.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible the cancer is now in her stomach?

Thank you for your help (I'll ask hospice too, but with tomorrow being a holiday, it's more difficult to get a doctor out.)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne