To much pressure

12 years 9 months ago #38042 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic To much pressure
Dana

I am with you. I went in for a physical on a Tuesday afternoon. Dr. found blood in my urine sample and ordered an ultrasound for the next day. Ultrasound on Wednesday.
On Thursday morning he called and said he had scheduled me at the urologist the next day.

Friday morning the urologist came into the room and greeted us and said "So, you have bladder cancer." Room spun, we cried and asked stupid question we knew nothing about. But regained enough composure to tell him "I have a LOT of things I have to accomplish and I am NOT just a number."

Didn't know what a TURB was. Suddenly we had 2 scheduled! Failed both, I guess. Suddenly we were scheduled for an RC in 5 days! But we didn't know what that was .....really.

Fifty Eight days from date of Physical to Surgery. Did NOT know a thing until I found this site and suddenly realized how BIG this whole deal was. I was bowled over with how little I knew and how completely lucky I was to have found the right surgeon. I would NOT recommend this to ANYONE. This site should be mandatory reading for every patient in every bladder cancer Dr. office.

It was a whirlwind tour indeed for all of us. lets hope we are cured!

george

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #38038 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic To much pressure
Many of us, including me, started with invasive and had very little time to research..aaaaargh very painful....and find and research institutions and urologists. Its daunting.......i was terribly frightened but hey i'm female..i'm the caregiver. I did my usual strong thing and did my homework and tried not to worry anyone else. After the total cystectomy I finally broke down and if you looked at me cross-eyed i cried.....I cried over everything..And mind you I never cry. They brought in a psych team. I told them i was allowed to cry..I needed to get it all out. I cried for 2 weeks straight. Then i was just fine...i think the chocolate had something to do with it.
So lets hope this is his temporary dark period or release period and he'll get over it. And hot fudge sundaes really do change your prospective!!! :S
pat

12 years 9 months ago #38036 by Dana
Replied by Dana on topic To much pressure
I think he is a long way from being superman, it was just a good day today, I doubt tomorrow will be the same.
One thing I have learnt from everyone here is that there is a long road ahead and what matters is being cancer free.
I imagine that buy the time we feel close to being back to normal again, we will be going through the agony of the 3 month return visit to the hospital for tests.
Actually I have been reading on the site about a lot of people with BC that haven't had a Radical Cystectomy and are doing fine.
We haven't even had the chance to take in what has happened (a lot of times we don't know what is a good sign and what not in his recovery)
2 months ago he was diagnosed with non-nvasive BC which in less than a month became grade 3 invasive BC.

12 years 9 months ago #38035 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic To much pressure
Just because he is "The patient of the year!" does not mean he has to be Superman and show us all how slowly we all recovered.

We are just a bunch of pikers compared to him.

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

12 years 9 months ago #38034 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic To much pressure
Yay!!! Great to hear!

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 9 months ago #38033 by Dana
Replied by Dana on topic To much pressure
Thanks everyone for the good advice, things are actually getting better now, my husband's friend took him for a drive yesterday, they took over half and hour to come back. It's been about 3 weeks since the operation and he's kind of become more determined now actually, doing his exercises, he even times when he goes to the toilet, it's every two hours at the moment.(I think this is good). There is leakage at night and a tiny amount during the day but he realizes now that this is normal.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne