scared of my husbands surgery

13 years 3 weeks ago #37070 by joel
Replied by joel on topic scared of my husbands surgery
The fear of the unknown is normal, but you have to realize that the outcome is totally out of your hands. Trust your surgeon, and the other qualified, caring people who will be taking care of your husband from the time he arrives at the hospital. Believe me, they really do care about him doing well in the surgery, recovery and the subsequent healing process. They will do everything in their power to make sure his surgery goes well, and he is taken care of in a professional and caring manner. Try to verbalize the reason for your fear, and do your best to resolve it. Just trust your health care professionals to do their jobs. They know what they are doing, and they will do it well. Pray and trust God if you are a person of faith, and if not, lean heavily on your friends and family - they are all important to you at this time. Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #37069 by hwg
Replied by hwg on topic scared of my husbands surgery
my husbands surgery is tomorrow at 8 am the doctor said he will be in the hospital for 7 days i know that the surgery is serious and important and it is very serious and i am scared i hope to spend a few days with him at the hospital if he gets a private room thanks for the good advice

13 years 3 weeks ago #37066 by joel
Replied by joel on topic scared of my husbands surgery
If I counted right, your husbands surgery is tomorrow, so you may not read this until after it is done. I had the surgery last November, and am doing very well at this point. I had some complications, so was hospitalized a little longer than some, but many do go home by 10 days, so hopefully you will. It is a very serious surgery, but is very well researched and there is a lot of good information on this forum that will greatly help with the recovery. I'm sure you will both do well. It will not be easy by any means, but we all agree that compared to the alternative, it is a good choice, and the pain and hard work will be worth it in the long run. We are all standing behind you and wish you the best. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

13 years 3 weeks ago #37012 by hwg
i know that in my heart that he will be alright and will be spending a couple of nights at the hospital with him i am just a scared wife who will try to remain calm trhanks for the advice

13 years 3 weeks ago #37010 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic scared of my husbands surgery
Just take a deep breath and remain calm. All of us have experienced what your husband is going through so we can be helpful. As questions come up just ask.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

13 years 3 weeks ago #37009 by hwg
thank you for you good answer i will be spending the first 2 or 3 nights at the hospital with him i will be taking good care of him thanks for the good wishes

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne