scared of my husbands surgery

13 years 1 month ago #37007 by dukel
Replied by dukel on topic scared of my husbands surgery
The time in the hospital can vary. Expect 5 to 10 days. Your husband is going to need your help. My wife has always spent the nights in the hospital with me. I cannot tell you how much that means. He is also going to need some help when he gets home. My opinion has always been this whole cancer thing is much harder on the caregiver then on the one with cancer. There is a great deal of info on this site that can make this experience a lot easier on both of you. Read as much as possible and ask anything you need to.
Wishing you both the best
Duke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #37000 by hwg
Replied by hwg on topic scared of my husbands surgery
i am trying to be caalm 7 more days i will be abele to spend the first 2 nights with him if he needs me i know in my heart bthat nothing will happen i am just scared thanks for your reply

13 years 1 month ago #36999 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic scared of my husbands surgery
You are not being a "crazy nut wife." IF you are calm and thoughtful, you should be a big help to not only your husband but also the medical staff. When my late husband was having surgery for lung cancer, I went to all meetings with the surgeon and took notes so that my husband and I were able to discuss the entire procedure afterward. The patient is usually not able to absorb all the information presented.

I now have a very good friend who is undergoing clinical trials at NIH. I accompany him to all the meetings and my participation is welcomed.

In order to fulfill your most important role, you need to remain calm and keep your wits about you!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

13 years 1 month ago #36998 by hwg
thanks for your advice i have not met the surgeron doing my husbands surgery i am afraid that something will happen to him during the surgery am i worrying too much or just being a crazy nut wife

13 years 1 month ago #36996 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic scared of my husbands surgery
I really can't be much help answering your questions, but I can affirm that it is normal to be worried about the surgery. Read some of the blogs on this site and you will begin to understand the journey with this surgery.
I am sure some of our friends on this site will chime in, and will be able to answer some of your questions. They will need more info, but their guidance will certainly help.
Did the surgeon answer any questions or give you what to expect?
I am glad you found us, and please know you now have a cheering section :laugh:
I will be watching for your updates.
Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

13 years 1 month ago #36995 by hwg
thanks for your prayers and good thoughts

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne