scared of my husbands surgery

13 years 3 weeks ago #37090 by hwg
Replied by hwg on topic scared of my husbands surgery
to all who prayed for alan my husband he is out of surgery he got the ileal conduit instead of the neobladder that he wanted but all is ok will see him on friday thanks again for all prayers and advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #37085 by michael305
Replied by michael305 on topic scared of my husbands surgery
Hi I am sure all will be okay! but 1st thing is YOU need to stay strong for him. My wife was involved from the 1st day till now and it helped me advance to where I am today. I too had a Neo Bladder and there will be some ups and downs but you both will make it through. Have faith in god and your doctors- they do this some many times in a month you would be amazed. look at this as a new begining. gods speeed and good luck to both. this is a wonderful group of friends here that will assist with any questions or just a person to talk to we are here.

13 years 3 weeks ago #37083 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic scared of my husbands surgery
Thinking of you both on Wednesday...

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

13 years 3 weeks ago #37078 by hwg
thanks for the good response it was greatly appreciated

13 years 3 weeks ago #37072 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic scared of my husbands surgery
It is perfectly normal to be scared. If you weren't scared; Then I'd be worried. This is Big surgery. But a Talented Surgeon is able to do it and the recovery to normal(as If I am normal) is a reality. However the recovery is slow and sometimes maddening.

I was in the hospital for 10 days and my wife was surrounded by family and friends for that time. She didn't stay at the hospital, as there was no room. That seemed to work for us as she came every day, but the atmosphere was not very comforting.

The real work came after I came home. Audrey's greatest asset was keeping my sense of humor intact. It would have been easy to fall into the pit of depression as things Very slowly started to get back in shape.

Try NOT to anticipate and worry about things you have YET to encounter. Things will happen. But you WILL cope. Just keep your mind open to the changes that will occur and you will do fine.

Just remember, when dealing with the urology dept. Dignity goes out the window "first thing." Learn to laugh about it and you will find the recovery period to be a great marriage "team" effort. Strangely rewarding.

Good Luck
George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 3 weeks ago #37071 by hwg
thanks for the advice i am scared that soemthing will happen to him but in my heart i know he will be alright thanks

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne