New here, looking for support for husband with BC

11 years 8 months ago #42890 by elle
I'm beginning to be cautiously amazed. Here we are at about the two year mark, and we still have not had a recurrence. This is now twice as long as his previous best, so we're very happy today.

I have to say that we were both a little nervous this afternoon before his cystoscopy; given his history we were both thinking that there's just no way he'd have another clear check this time. But, he did!

He'll go back in another 4 months, and I'll just keep reporting back. As I said, we have no idea if the mustard seed is actually doing this for him, but it certainly isn't hurting, so we're just going to keep using it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 weeks ago #41591 by elle
Thanks.

Of course, we can't say whether the mustard seed is actually helping, but all along we figured it wasn't going to hurt and would be worth a try. The longer we go without a tumor, the better we feel about using it, but we'd love to see more research in this area. In the meantime, we're glad that we decided to try it.

12 years 4 weeks ago #41588 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic New here, looking for support for husband with BC
That is wonderful Elle! It is good to hear from you. I am very happy you have reached a new milestone of 18 months, and I hope that stretches out for a very, very long time. Best wishes to you both!

They still haven't found a magic bullet against BC. Maybe that little mustard seed could end up being it, along with the care of a very good doctor. I do remember that article. I admire your tenacity in making your own capsules, and do check in from time to time with progress reports.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 4 weeks ago #41586 by elle
Reporting back with good news-- we're now 18 months cancer free. Our longest period previously was one year.

We're starting to feel cautiously optimistic about the mustard seed. He's still taking it daily. I realize we're just a sample of one, but we don't plan to stop it.

12 years 6 months ago #39662 by elle
Thanks, Catherine! I have the same wish.

12 years 6 months ago #39661 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic New here, looking for support for husband with BC
Congratulations on a wonderful one-year cancer free mark! I wish many more for him!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne