New here, looking for support for husband with BC

11 years 3 months ago #43780 by upnorth
Congratulations!! :cheer:

Its always good to hear an "All Clear".

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #43770 by elle
And here we are again, with another clean cystoscopy. I am very thankful.

11 years 5 months ago #43357 by GKLINE
I sometimes say that being a caregiver is harder than being a patient. And your patient is having the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNG term Blues.

This treatment, although successful, has been a Long haul. I remember the adrenelin rush when first diagnosed and the determination during the surgeries. And then the recovery..... The first few weeks were great; making strides every day..... But as time dragged out and niggling problems wouldn't clear up, I would fall into a funk and fear that I would not get better. But something always shook me back to a positive mindset.

I hope the depression is just a funk and not a constant thing. Maybe you need some new experiences or people who can give you a boost. Maybe a night out in a new location. Just something to let you know that life is not the same old thing and you ARE on the road to recovery.

I know it is hard, but my wife shocked me back to "The Real World" by announcing that she was "getting back to her life" and I could live in the cancer world or "Get to It!"
I was surprised. But after a fashion, I started to get back to it.

Here's to hoping you can too.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

11 years 5 months ago #43356 by DougG
Helen,

Sounds like you are in a very frustrating spot right now. I, too, am a caregiver. I hope your husband has not really given up. He has non-invasive, right? What kind of reactions has he had? Is he having BCG? He might want to talk with his uro about reducing the BCG; others on this site have had their BCG reduced and it still works.

Hang in there, Helen and take care of yourself.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

11 years 5 months ago #43355 by Helen Sandefur
Replied by Helen Sandefur on topic New here, looking for support for husband with BC
I'm looking for support as well. I've been here before, but under denial reasons. Now I understand. Right now I'm feeling abused, unappreciated useless and lost. He's depressed and I'm not sure what to do about it. He has given up! He has not been happy for a while and I'm feeling the effect. I want to help him, but not sure of the direction I need to go in! He's on his last treatment and the last two have not gone well physically for him. Anyone else experiencing this with their spouse?

11 years 7 months ago #42892 by upnorth
Elle,

You just keep on doing the mustard seeds, and following your doctors plan. It seems to be working for him, so keep up the good work, and we will be looking forward to hearing another "All Clear" from you in 4 months.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne