My Bad

16 years 1 month ago #14550 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic My Bad
So understandable. Do not kick yourself. Dick is angry, frustrated, & giving you a hard time as a way to express his desire to control his own destiny. You're the unfortunate recipient because he feels safe in your love.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #14541 by Julie
My Bad was created by Julie
I walked off the ward yesterday as I was fed up. Dick is taking pain killers around the clock both morphine and oxycontin and it has caused him to need extra laxatives. They brought a dose for him to take and he let it sit there for over 30 minutes so I reminded him to take it and he got huffy and told me to stop pushing him.
I get frustrated when he doesn't take the medication that help resolve the problems he complains about. He complained some more about me pushing him so I said "i'll push myself right out of here." and then left.

I went back this morning for several hours and left when it became clear he would not be coming home today.
All we were waiting for is for him to demonstrate he could pee after the Foley was removed and for him to have a BM. Well after i left his bladder seized up and he had to have a straight cath last night. Today he had to have another straight cath so they put the Foley back in. Plus his hemoglobin was down to 8 and hematocrit was 20 so they decided to give him a blood transfusion. They told us this by 10 a.m. but as of 8 o'clock tonight he still didn't have any blood as they are looking for his type. It is now over a week since I took him in.

At least they gave him the gout medication and he is able to walk again but we are not happy with the Dr. who in her infinite wisdom discontinued the allopurinol which was to prevent a gout attack. She is also the one who stopped his prostate medication when he was admitted. We both think that is why he is having release problems now. They started him on FloMax but he will have to wear the Foley for a week.

I expect I will have the same argument with him when he gets home about taking his medications when I hand them to him. He cooperates with the nursing staff but blows me off. I guess my patience just gave out.

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne