moving along

16 years 2 months ago #12870 by Clara
Replied by Clara on topic moving along
aimeth,

All of the "doctors" in the family has been a problem with Bob too. He tells the oncologist that he has too many "doctors".

I agree that if you want to go on a vacation without anyone else, you should do it.

Hang in there and keep venting any time you need to.

Clara

Caretaker of husband, Bob.
Stage IV
Diagnosed Jan, 2007

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #12860 by aimeth
Replied by aimeth on topic moving along
Yes, I should open my mouth and say something but I try to avoid any conflicts. Although, I have told everyone that his Dr is not comfortable with natural/holistic remedies. But it seems that my husband really wants to believe that something will eventually work. So I try just for him. But you are right I need to start telling this people to leave us alone. Thanks! Aimeth

16 years 2 months ago #12819 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic moving along
Family or not sometimes even though they are trying to be kind you gotta tell them how you feel. If you want to go to Disney the three of you just come out and tell them. And home made remedies just come out and tell them the Dr's got you clear on what you need or don't need. You can do this very easily without being ignorant by being honest and just saying this is hard for us but we are trying our best to handle things and will take some of your ideas into consideration rather you do or not. Cheers, Joe ;)

16 years 2 months ago #12766 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic moving along
Aimeth,

I can totally understand where you are coming from...My in-laws were in town (just leaving today actually)...they were driving my husband crazy with all of the things other people told them would help...escarole soup for constipation, have a beer it will help kidney function...yada, yada, yada...everyone wants to help I understand that, but where were/are they on the bad days? Where are they for the Dr. Visits, the nausea etc...when we finally get into a routine (as much of a routine as possible in these circumstances)someone says they are coming to visit...not to a hotel...at the house...adding cooking of meals, changing linens, straighting up, dishes, and longer hours to my already full plate....it is exhausting...I do understand that they think that by stopping by with a book, or meal, or suggestion they are helping...but a lot more goes into a visit than that. I am so tired....

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 2 months ago #12765 by aimeth
moving along was created by aimeth
Hi its been a week since my husband is been in the hospital due to VRE, Vanco resistant infection in his bladder. So needless to say I am exhausted, running back and forth to the hospital. I hope he can come home today. They change his pain meds from oxycodone to methodone. So I hope this keeps him more comfortable.

We are also planning a trip with our son to Disney. And there are a lot of people who are inviting themselves to this trip so you can imagine. I originally wanted this trip to be about us three but it seems to be about a lot of other people so I feel a bit overwhelmed. For 8 months I've been alone fighting cancer, back and forth to treatments and hospital stays and now all of the sudden everyone (friends and family) have something to say or do with us. I like the help, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I think that they are not helping. Also I have been bombarded with "cancer curing natural remedies", there is so much that my head is spinning. I just want to run away and hide. Anyways, just a little venting.

Hope is all well with you all and thanks for listening.

Aimeth

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne