Re-entering life after an r/c, it can happen!!!!

16 years 3 months ago #12365 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Re-entering life after an r/c, it can happen!!!!
Thanks Rick,

Good to hear from you, I was hoping some bag people would jump on and let us know what to expect. Sounds like there will be no problem. Don't have to worry about catheters, so the bag acts as a palm tree on nude beaches, I'll note that in my file. Gene has a nack for getting searched, he must look like the maphia. They will have a surprise, we'll try not to loose our butts at the Mirage. Thanks for the reply.... Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #12364 by RAH
Ginger,
I have flown since my surgery. I didn't have to strip search, so there was no reason to explain I had a bag that I didn't check in nor hand carry.
Since the bag and pouch is not made out of metal, it shouldn't set off any alarms.
I have not tried the swimming thing yet, but have drowned at the Poker Table.

I was having a discussion with my oldest son this past week. When I was in the Air Force I flew to Australia. Several of us went to a nude beach outside of Sydney. I told my son I want to go back to a nude beach again someday. I told him I wouldn't have to worry about getting sun burned down there because the bag gives me the proper shade.

Enjoy your vacation.

Rick

16 years 3 months ago #12346 by Stephany
Oh, how I envy you guys....have a GREAT TIME!

One thing, though...does Gene have a medical alert tag anywhere on his person? He really may need one, in case of emergency, to explain his surgery.

I would put that on your list of things to do for safe travel.

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 3 months ago #12322 by Julie
Have a great time Ginger and Gene. Julie

Volunteer Coordinator
ABLSC

16 years 3 months ago #12321 by Gene Beane
Caregiver friends,

We are about to enbark on a 5 day trip to Vegas!! Whoopie!!!! Its a little scary as surgery was Sept. 14th. I am happy for the opportunity to jump back into living again. Our packing will be a little different, we will have a carry on with bag supplies. Gene strength is probably 70 per cent, still has some issues, but is willing to set his sites on fun and entertainment. He is wondering if his bladder bag will set off the alarms at the airport! Or if he will get the search! Maybe a few extra naps, no staying up all nite and will give the pool a shot if warm enough. This year 2007 has been hard for most people on the forum, I'd like to say I hope this comes true for you in whatever trip you can muster up. This is a big step for him, confidence is still a small issue. There are so many things it does to you, medically and emotionally, the bladder cancer. Family members will be with us, the ones who stood by me at the Cleveland Clinic through the surgery. Were not big drinkers but we love to laugh and try to come home with some money, maybe it will be our lucky day, to me everyday is our lucky day, we have our family, our friends, and our life, just with a extra bag!!! Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne