What I did for myself today!!!

16 years 4 months ago #10952 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic What I did for myself today!!!
Hi Aimeth, Ginger Beane here, I am the caregiver for Gene, he had the r/c Sept. 14th.
I can relate to your frustration, I am finding that I forgot what made me tick.
I am doing things alone or not doing things at all. ITS BETTER NOW AS GENE IS BACK TO WORK JUST 3 DAYS A WEEK 6 HOURS, BUT TO HAVE MY HOUSE BACK TO MYSELF FOR THAT SHORT TIME IS WONDERFUL. I write the posts, when signing up I put it in Gene's name so a bit confusing. From the housework to the shopping to the decorating now for christmas it seems again my job. But the worst was in the summer with the diagnosing everything, he removed himself brain wise from what was around him. And I understand that but not less frustrating for us who have to pick up where they left off. So I took Karlie shopping, its what makes me happy like before, the smiles on her face just lite me up, and the giggling we did was precious. Generally Gene would do this kind of thing with me, but since his surgery his stamina is not all there yet. Especially for the mall for 3 hours. so I did it myself, and will keep doing the things I remember that brought me joy. Until he is full circle again. Gene has no more cancer, but now he has a heart problem, we will find out tomorrow. So I think to help you think about what you like to do best , and do it one day, then increase it a couple times a week. I want to get back to the gym, but haven't done that quite yet. Being around people who aren't dealing with this is uplifting..even if for a short time...
Ginger Beane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #10946 by aimeth
Replied by aimeth on topic What I did for myself today!!!
Hi Gene, Is funny that you write this message today. Me on the other hand had a terrible day. I am feel stressed and angry. And I guess my husband got fed up with me. I feel bad but sometimes I get tired of taking care of everyone and everything. I try to do things for myself but its not that simple with him being sick all the time. I am really going to break apart any time soon. What do I do? I feel terrible and can't get rid of this anger inside of me. I love my husband and want to be there for him. I don't want to feel this way anymore. Am I crazy, is it just me or is this normal? I guess I need to vent, and thank you for listening. Aimeth

16 years 4 months ago #10929 by justme
Replied by justme on topic What I did for myself today!!!
Sounds like a wonderful day, Ginger and I bet your granddaughter enjoyed it as much as you did.

I went for a walk and enjoyed nature. It was just time to "Be" and get some exercise too.

justme patd

16 years 5 months ago #10867 by Gene Beane
What I did for myself today!!! was created by Gene Beane
Today was the best day ever, I picked up my 3 year old grand daughter, we had lunch, then we went to Action Wear, a store in our town that has dance apparrel. We bought size 7 tap shoes, and a magnificant dance outfit. Then we went to the park to see where Santa's house is, he wasn't there but his house is ready, off we went to the mall, Karlie went on those thingys where you bounce in the air while being tucked in a diaper looking thingy, then we went and pet the puppies at the puppy store, off to Sears to get some princess slippers, while passing Santa we decided today wasn't the day to see Santa, were in a stroller now, getting a little tired, its a car stroller so shes driving, she thinks..oh we found the slippers, what a find. Well we turned in our stroller got a sprite to drink on the way home, oh what a beautiful day.....best one in a long time!!!!!Ginger Beane caregiver

Point being: PHERAPY COMES IN MANY FORMS
What did you do for yourself today?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne