Who knew that the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz died of bladder cancer?

6 years 3 months ago #54476 by dtat60
Interesting Sean. I didn't know about either of them. I loved Jack Lemmon and had no idea about Patti Hansen. Love the Stones! Off-topic...if you haven't seen "Keith Richards: Under the Influence" (Netflix) it is really good.

08/16 Blood in Urine;09/16 CT Scan, RPG, Cysto;10/16 TURBT;12/08 BL TURBT;01/17 6X BCG;05/17 NED, 3X BCG, 9/17 NED, 3X BCG,1/18 NED, 3X BCG,7/18 NED, 3X BCG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #54475 by Sean T
I didn't know that. My personal patron saint of BC is Jack Lemmon. I loved Jack Lemmon and didn't know he died of BC until I had BC and came across it during my research.

But my favorite survivor story is that of Patti Hansen, famous model and wife of Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards. She has a neobladder. I think she also had breast cancer at some point. I'm not sure about that though. And she still survives!

08/16/16 - TURBT - 1 tumor, T1HG, 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 1.8 cm, non-invasive papillary.
BCG treatments (15 doses total - last March, 2018). As of latest cysto, As of May 4, 2023 - cancer free!

6 years 4 months ago #54417 by DougG
SOURCE: Wikipedia
Ray Bolger is best known for playing the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz, but in later years, he played Shirley’s father for three episodes on The Partridge Family. Bolger passed away in 1987 due to bladder cancer.

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver
The following user(s) said Thank You: lotech35

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne