Journey to Dalton....and some Exciting News

7 years 3 months ago #52545 by Sean T
Replied by Sean T on topic Journey to Dalton....and some Exciting News
Good work.

I feel a special closeness to this group for the obvious reason and because my Dad's side of the family came from Dalton. Tully, Pender, Silver, all family names from Dalton.

08/16/16 - TURBT - 1 tumor, T1HG, 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 1.8 cm, non-invasive papillary.
BCG treatments (15 doses total - last March, 2018). As of latest cysto, As of May 4, 2023 - cancer free!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #52422 by sara.anne
Spent most of last week at the American Bladder Cancer Society headquarters in Dalton, MA, with Cynthia and Ed Kinsella. As has been "rumored" for about a year, we are working hard on a brand new web site to replace this one, which is a bit out-of-date. We have grand hopes for an early 2017 launch!!

Cynthia and I are pretty much done with writing the content and adding appropriate links to other sites that will be of help to our members.
The folks at the National Cancer Institute have been most helpful in providing direct links to some of their material. All of us have had a LOT of input into site and page design, and Ed has been great getting all of this translated from "Cynthia and Sara ideas" into a form that our web site developer can use.

Also had a nice get-together with Treasurer, Dave Dickhaus. Lots goes on "behind the scenes" and an Italian dinner makes it go smoothly! Still some $$$$ need to be raised to pay for the web site (not the dinner.)

Weather even cooperated and I was able to get through O'Hare (twice) with no delays.

Stay tuned!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: DougG, Jay, Sean T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne