Thanksgiving Wishes

7 years 4 months ago #52367 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Thanksgiving Wishes
Good post, Jack! Hope you and your family did enjoy your Thanksgiving (gobble, gobble) not focused on bladder cancer. You articulated this very well....

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #52362 by Jack R
Thanksgiving Wishes was created by Jack R
Thanksgiving. All the kids and grandkids will be here tomorrow - some of whom I have not seen in almost a year; part of the price of escaping civilization and returning to rural roots. A grand time will be had by all, the preparations have been made, just add loved ones.

There will be the usual questions from the kids, casually couched in the form of, "How ya' doing ?", meaning 'what is the cancer status'. It does not seem to matter that everyone has been told that news will be shared as it is known, everyone cares and worries. A cancer diagnosis affects friends and family too.

It has been two and one-half years since symptoms began, 17 months since a real diagnosis. It has taken this long for life to return to normal. The bladder cancer is now a part of normal for our family. While the kids work at not worrying, the grandkids are doing fine, it seems. The grandkids will return to school with stories of Grandma & Grandpa, horse riding, tree climbing, target practice, fishing in the pond, a skinned knee or two - but hopefully no broken arms (a kid's new normal) this year.

I hope all of you here have found your new normal, along with those around you. If you are just starting on this journey, any normal may sound far-fetched; I did to me.

Thankful for what I have come to accept, which for the last 17 months has included this website and those who have shared information and inspired me.

Best to all,
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne