Back Home Again!!

8 years 5 months ago #49470 by Knut
Replied by Knut on topic Back Home Again!!
Good to see that you are safe back home again, Sara.

Sure was nice Meeting you in the lobby at the hotel. Pity that I had not better time so we could have talked a little more.

It seems that you have had a nice trip. And the ship you sailed with is named after our current king that also have had bladder cancer. His bladder was removed in December 2003.

I have never been so far north as you have been now. So you have probably seen more of Scandinavia and Finland than me.

Next month I go to Korea.

Hope that we can meet again on another occation.

Sincerely,
Knut

Diagnozed first time April 1th 2004.
Muscle invasive, T3A.
Radical Cystectomy June 29th 2004.
Illeal conduit. Bag on my stommack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #49469 by Nicke
Replied by Nicke on topic Back Home Again!!
Sara Anne,
I have been missing you, and been a little bit worried, since you have not been answering any questions at the forum the last weeks. I am very glad and pleased to hear that you have been in one of the most wonderful place in the world, Scandinavia. The norwegian coast is really something, and absolut unique. Did you go all the way to Kirkenes? I have not been further north than Tromsø. I guess you then visit Rovaniemi before going to Helsingfors. Next time you have to go to Sweden as well.
/Niklas

Niklas

12-12 Diagnosis
13-1 Turb TAG1
13-5 Turb Ta low grade, multiple
13-10 Turb TaG2, multiple
13-11 Mitomycin 8 weeks + 6 month
15-01 Turb

8 years 5 months ago #49468 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Back Home Again!!
Welcome Home, Sara Anne!! I missed you and noticed you were gone. So fun that you and Knut got to meet in person. :) Love it!

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #49465 by sara.anne
Back Home Again!! was created by sara.anne
Just returned from a wonderful three-week trip to Norway and Finland. And you didn't even notice I was gone!!! I think I have attached a picture of the ship we were on for 6 days, going up the coast of Norway beyond the North Cape....the Kong Harald.

Also saw LOTS of reindeer (and ate a lot too) in Finnish Lapland before finishing the tour in Helsinki.

One of the highlights was an opportunity to meet one of the Forum members in person in Oslo....Knut works very close to the hotel I was in and was able to fit in a brief visit during his coffee break!

Back now, completely "re-entered" and re-set my time clock.

Sara Anne

PS to see the picture you need to click on "attachments" below...

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
Attachments:

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne