Cystoscopy Question

9 years 6 months ago #47186 by NancyChi
Replied by NancyChi on topic Cystoscopy Question
Thank you for your response. Yes, my fear is conmen. I see this gentleman frequently and he looks extremely healthy which is what caused me to question it to begin with. I asked her again to explain what he explained to her and he definitely said that his prostate cancer spread to his bladder???? He even went on to say that he had stage 4 prostate cancer?

Again, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #47180 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Cystoscopy Question
Many times people do not understand the appropriate terms for their condition, but that does not mean they are lying. What you are describing does not correspond with standard bladder cancer protocol. And you would not get bladder cancer from prostrate cancer. You can have one or the other spread to other parts of the body but they are two separate types of cancer. Having said that he could have both types. As for monthly cystoscope's being done for four years I have never heard of this being done. But he may have a treatment known as BCG that under some schedules could be done monthly with a follow up cystoscope done to check for recurrence. But even that being done nonstop for four years I have never heard of there are always breaks to give time to heal. Bladder cancer can be very expensive as it has a high rate of recurrence requiring long term treatment .

So the answer to your question is I do not know. It is quite possible that the facts you have were relayed by someone that thought they had the facts right but misunderstood, and the man really needs assistance. But we see enough conmen and woman using cancer as their scam that you are right to ask questions. Always follow your instincts, ask more questions or decline to participate would be my advise.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society
The following user(s) said Thank You: NancyChi

9 years 6 months ago #47178 by NancyChi
Cystoscopy Question was created by NancyChi
I have a friend who is trying to start a donation drive for a gentleman who claims to have prostate cancer. He claims that due to his prostate cancer he developed bladder cancer. He has been undergoing monthly cystoscopies (sp?) for the last 4 years and is running out of money to pay for them. I have looked and looked throughout the internet to see if this is even physically possible but I have not run across any concrete answer. Before I start donating, I am trying to do my research.

Can anyone please help answer this question. Thank you for your time.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne