Coping

9 years 8 months ago #46628 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Coping
Cynthia , please accept my sincere sympathy. I am so sorry for your sorrow.

God Bless,

Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #46619 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Coping
Sorry Doc.

I should have seen this post before. I can understand, up to a point, how you feel.

Do not be ashamed to spill yourself here. You know that we don't have any limits to our conversations. We also know that there are some really down times that make us do crazy things (Thank GOD that you had an escape clause in this plan) We are glad to have you around.

As for the friends that have taken a step back from you....... don't be too harsh on them just yet.
We live in a society of closed in people. They are fine as ling as the comfort zone is in line. But when that line is crossed by medical or relationship status, they kind of hide away.
I have a good friend that I saw almost every day. As soon as I was diagnosed with bc, he pulled away. After my 4 month journey, I went into his store and said "Don't you like me anymore?" He broke into tears. His psyche couldn't handle the fact that I was not invincible. He told me he felt if I could come so close, then how was he going to handle his own mortality. Sheesh!

As some of my friends pulled away during times of stress, others come closer. And sometimes you gotta pull the ones back in.

Someone of wisdom said that you can't depend on your friends....They may desert you.
You can't always depend on your family either.
But you can always depend on yourself. That person usually understands you and is always willing to help you along.

Sorry you had to get to that point. Glad you came back.

Sincerely
George

ps. I miss Mike too....... A Lot

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

9 years 9 months ago #46608 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Coping
AMEN. Thank you. I hear a lot of "should of, could of, would of." I can deal with the cancer. It's the depression and the feeling of loneliness that's hard to shake!!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

9 years 9 months ago #46607 by pastordan
Replied by pastordan on topic Coping
I was just diagnosed with CIS a little over a month ago and after a battle of incompetence and complete lack of care from my first doctor and finally a second opinion, I will begin BCG treatments starting July 24th. Through all of this, just like you, I was shocked at how many people stopped talking to me, even family members. They treat me as though I have some communicable disease. I've come to understand that most people just don't know what to say so they just don't say anything. They don't realize that we're not looking for any magical words that will take the pain away, we're just looking for support and friendship and perhaps a shoulder at a time when we need it most.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dieseldoc

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #46605 by dieseldoc
I am still here, but it is so hard when everyone that I thought was my friend will not talk to me any more. I don't ask them to talk about this. All I want is for them just to be friends. Is that to much to ask??? I do not mean you all on here!!!!

9 years 9 months ago #46529 by dieseldoc
Cynthia. I also know how your sister felt, probably more that anyone can imagine. Health problems, money, personal, the loss of friends that don't understand, and the people that tell you to just snap out of it. Then their are the ones that say "your just looking for attention". sometimes the light seems to far away, and sometimes I can't see it at all.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne