Large multi car-truck accident

10 years 3 weeks ago #46124 by rbmc
Replied by rbmc on topic Large multi car-truck accident
I wasn't there, but we had one recently on I-94, shortly after a winter storm started. One trucker lost it, and in less than 2 minutes, 46 vehicles were smashed together. 3 dead, scores injured. Rescue hampered by white out snow conditions, -10 with a horrid wind chill. Road was closed 24 hours for cleanup. Made news coast to coast. One of those tragedies that always seems to happen 'somewhere else'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 weeks ago #46102 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Large multi car-truck accident
She was a very lucky woman to have you there!! GOOD JOB!!!!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

10 years 3 weeks ago #46097 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic Large multi car-truck accident
It is good you were there so fast, many people that are in accidents are so frazzeled they get into more trouble not getting off the highway.
At Christmas I was going down the freeway on bad roads when a small car on the onther side started to slide . It went off the road into the wide medium and rolled several times . stuff was flying everywhere . The young lady had her seatbelt on and didn,t come flying out the windows with all her stuff. That seatbelt saved her life . It seems we have had a rash of people being ejected and die where we live. I always carry two wool blankets in my car and have used them several times at car accidents to keep the victums warm. The day this young girl wrecked it was in the low twenties ,she would have froze waiting for the emt's without them. She ended up with minor injuries . It was amazing. I counted six times that the car rolled in front of me !!

10 years 4 months ago #45600 by Celestel1st
Replied by Celestel1st on topic Large multi car-truck accident
sure understand that. Sometimes we just have to decide to hurt for a bit in order to feel spiritually, emotionally in tact. Bet those people were glad you were there.

10 years 4 months ago #45599 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Large multi car-truck accident
I have not done that for such a long time. I'm glad I still got it, but I'm sure paying for it now. I hurt every were, but it was satisfying!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

10 years 4 months ago #45598 by Celestel1st
Replied by Celestel1st on topic Large multi car-truck accident
Wow, what a hero. So good you could do that. What a miracle no one got killed. Keep up the good work.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne