One year as a non-smoker

10 years 10 months ago #44887 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic One year as a non-smoker
Well, that may be a step in the right direction! Having lost my (smoking) husband to lung cancer, and knowing that second hand smoke may have contributed to my bladder cancer, I just want to scream:

JUST STOP IT ALREADY

You are endangering yourself AND your family!

Please?

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #44884 by bryan16
Replied by bryan16 on topic One year as a non-smoker
Congratulation on you to be honest i also say to my self that i am going to stop smoking but still i am smoking.Now a days i used electronic cigarette that i bought in Sweden at and it is now one of my solution to minimize my smoking habit and hope soon i will stop smoking like you.

11 years 7 months ago #43030 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic One year as a non-smoker
Good for you Mike! I know how hard it is, I quit over 20 years ago.
Actually, I felt better instantly (must have been the relief I quit :laugh: )
Wishing you many, many smoke free years.

Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07
Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #43025 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic One year as a non-smoker
Mike

This is indeed a reason to Cheer!
Quitting smoking is NOT easy. But it is worth the effort.

I was a ski instructor in my younger days and you spend a lot of time "standing around"
A friend started me on Skoal chew. For a year I was hooked. Big time!
One day, Cold Turkey; I quit. Man! It was very hard indeed. It probably took a full year before the cravings were gone!

Congratulations Mike and Mark and ALL reformed Smokers!

Just to add another cost to smoking. As an Auto Dealer, I just took in a beautiful Jeep Grand Cherokee (2011) It has the smoker's smell in it. Have been driving it for 2 months and it has been Detailed and Sprayed 3 times. Cannot get the smell out of it! But I did buy this vehicle for $2000 less than a Non Smokers Car. So the smoker paid again for smoking!

Lets Snuff out the cost. Probably Save a fortune

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

11 years 7 months ago #42992 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic One year as a non-smoker
Hi Mike , My husband smoked two packs aday and quit cold turkey many , many years ago . He also was a beer drinker and quit cold turkey . Over the years other people that were trying to quit ask him how he did it . This is what he told them . " I realized one day that I loved my kids more then I love myself."
If someone held a gun to your kids head and said if you smoke again I will shoot your kid , people would be amazed how easy it would be to quit. I tell this story to people that talk to me about stopping and ask them if they would continue to smoke. they all say no way , not if someone was holding a gun to their kids head ! Then I tell them they are the one holding the gun and pulling the trigger every time they smoke , because someday their smokes are going to bring terrible pain into their kids and family's life.
Congrats you have now laid down the gun you were holding and you love your family more then you do your self ! What a strong person you are! Kudos to all of you that are reading this and have quit , and to all of you that are trying to quit you can do it to . Rocky

11 years 7 months ago #42973 by motomike
Replied by motomike on topic One year as a non-smoker
I blew $400.00 a few years ago. I don’t know what went wrong. In college in the 60’s we all knew that hypnosis could cure everything. My 2 packs per day continued- unslowed!
Next month will be my 6th so I’m hangin’ strong.

Cheers to Mike & Mark. Born leaders

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne