The \"official color of bladder cancer\"

12 years 5 months ago #39986 by Cynthia
Today I had a conversation with someone that told me there was a disagreement on another site about the "official color of bladder cancer" The colors that we recognize as being for bladder cancer came up and there has been some remarks. It always hurts my heart when these issues come up. There is more than enough room for two bladder cancer organizations, if you Google breast cancer organizations you will get hundreds of hits. Both organizations have hard working well meaning people and have their own agendas and goals with mountains to move. There is room for a dozen organizations if that is what it takes to get the job done.

You will see yellow used for bladder cancer but it is used for Living Strong and the military to name a few organizations. (I personally think yellow is a very unfortunate color for bladder cancer)

Orange is also used but was adopted by the Kidney foundation among others.

No other single color was not in use and we needed something that stood out. That made someone ask what is that so we could say well let me tell you......

Marigold, Blue and purple are the colors we chose to symbolize bladder cancer

www.choosehope.com/category/bladder-cancer-marigold-blue-purple

Here is a link to the meaning of our colors

bladdercancersupport.org/abu/bladder-cancer-logo

What ever color you chose to use it is ok because in the end we have more in common than a color we have a common enemy. How do you really give an "official" color to something like bladder cancer,what color is fear or pain or despair? I don't know all I can do is keep my eye on the ball, working to see the day come we can turn the key and turn out the lights on the ABLCS because it is no longer needed.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne