JUST DODGED ANOTHER BULLET...I THINK?

12 years 8 months ago #39134 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic JUST DODGED ANOTHER BULLET...I THINK?
Pat,

really hope they get things sorted for you - don`t go for the tatoos yet, the way things are going they probably wouldn`t follow instructions unless you included a disclaimer clause anyway- hope you are up and about again real soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #39126 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic JUST DODGED ANOTHER BULLET...I THINK?
Pat,

So sorry for all you have been through. I was thinking the same as Kathleen....tatoos of instructions all over your body. Isn't that pitiful? I hate it when doctors/nurses don't read! Hope you feel better soon.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

12 years 8 months ago #39125 by Kathleen_T
Replied by Kathleen_T on topic JUST DODGED ANOTHER BULLET...I THINK?
It would scare me, too. But so would the week you went through. I hope you mend well and quickly.

Maybe get a full map of your body with full instructions in several languages tattooed on your midsection so they can do their jobs properly!

Best wishes.

— Kathleen

12 years 8 months ago #39121 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic JUST DODGED ANOTHER BULLET...I THINK?
Mike,
I have all that..its the first thing i give them when i go to the hospital..it has my explanation of my Indiana and navel stoma,
my history of breast cancer and no left-sided anything!!..all of my drug allergies.....its all there. But apparently one must actually read it and thats not taught in any course in medical or nursing school......that you really must know how to read. Or that all patients are not idiots.
Nope if i ever get advance warning ever again i shall get out the magic marker and draw on my arm and my stoma and find underwear that says "Don't even try going there"........
Childrens Hospital is the only decent hospital in this city and i don't think i would pass?
pat

12 years 8 months ago #39119 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic JUST DODGED ANOTHER BULLET...I THINK?
WOW!!!!

So sorry to hear about all of this Pat! Geez! What the heck is up with these hospitals you've been going to?

I think you need to do a paper in VERY LARGE type with some basic instructions that gets put on the white board or next to the bed with things like:

Patient has Indian pouch with navel stoma so DON'T try urethral catheterization.

Patient has had breast cancer left side so DON'T use blood pressure cuff on left arm.

etc....

Keep an extra copy of it in or on the bedside table/tray so you can grab it and point to it.

Something! Anything!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

12 years 8 months ago #39118 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic JUST DODGED ANOTHER BULLET...I THINK?
Geeeeezzzzzus!
I thought you had to be a professional to work in the medical profession.
Apparently the patient has to be the professional

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne