Attitude .

12 years 8 months ago #39003 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Attitude .
Hi, Doug, I have been away from the boards for a bit and I am just overwhelmed over your response to the miserable b**tard cancer BC diagnosis. It truly stinks to get that diagnosis but and this is a HUGE BUT, you can fight it with good or bad insurance. I am with Mike on this one...you haven't a clue as to what you are truly dealing with and if a doctor ever told me or mine "it's bad, it's bad and nope I am not giving you your report" Like Diesel Mike I would have in a corner screaming like a little girl for mercy. Then I would TAKE THE REPORTS and get me to another doctor who gets it! Doug, this is your LIFE we are talking about here. I know you are devastated over your wife's death and rightfully so, but, as others have said she would want you to fight this tooth and nail with all of your might. I know if I were gone and Jim just said the heck with it gimme pain meds I would come down and haunt him until he got his senses back.

BTW, Jim went in one year ago and had what we thought was a Stage III BC and came out with a Stage IV BC. We never looked back, we just fought through recovery from the RC/IC, then 6 mos of chemo gemzar and cisplatin and he is now cance free until proven otherwise. Doug, please don't give up...we here at the forum want you to work at getting well. As Mike very smartly wrote, "if it walks like a duck etc it is a duck". I believe also that you are depressed and it is a gigantic thing to absorb this diagnosis. But, please please don't throw in the towel just yet. You are young still and do have lots left in life. The surgery is big but it is doable. The chemo can be challenging but it is doable. Dot, loves and needs you. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do find a doctor who will listen to you and DO SHARE what you are feeling with your doctor. You are a special man...I mean how many people would do for Dot what you Have! Come back here and let us know how you are doing. I am so glad your friend came through his surgery well and you would have been all over him if he had just said, Gimme the pain meds..I give up! You didn't give up on Dot don't give up on yourself. We care about you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #39001 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Attitude .
Grey

Your wife had the right idea! Maybe you should take a page from her book and Fight for your life.

You never know what great things you were supposed to accomplish if you aren't here to do them.

From your list of ailments it appears as though you have very little idea what you really have. FIND OUT!

or give up.

You only have one ride on this pony. Make it as long as you can.

Get the Information and get a PLAN!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #38979 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Attitude .
If I had a doc tell me that I would have him backed up in a corner so fast he wouldn't know what happened.Then I would get my records and hi-tail it out of there!! Is this what your wife would want. I am sure you are very proud of her, so make her proud.I heard you when you said you where not depressed. I think you are just tired. But don't give up. LIVE for her. The lung thing could be just scare tissue.

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

12 years 8 months ago #38978 by Grey
Replied by Grey on topic Attitude .
Catherine
Yep I think so as Im getting lots of mail about it,and have a supplement picked out as well. Course thats 4 months down the road. My friend that just had the heart surgery went on it last year and I think its all working well for him. Doug

12 years 8 months ago #38977 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Attitude .
Hey Doug... your first post says you are 64. Does Medicare kick in for you when you turn 65, and wouldn't that pay for many of the things you have listed?

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

12 years 8 months ago #38976 by Grey
Replied by Grey on topic Attitude .
Mike
I would say you have a pretty good assement of where Im at. I havent gotten any answers as to stage or level of the bladder cancer,probably going to have to drive 30 miles to the hospital and do whatever to get the patholigy reports,my Doc just doesnt seem to want to share that info. All he says is its high,whatever that means .And the big surgery is the answer.Seems there should be something to try before that. The lung thing is just another problem,after being a smoker for 40 years what the heck could it be besides cancer , the melanomas could be another problem,then theres the thyroid that just changes every few months,and glocoma ,and cataracts that need surgery now but my INS has a rider on my policy and wont do anything eye related as it was prexcisting.
My pain is lower abdomin just a constant nagging dull pain,then every 1/2 hour to hour seems funny to expalin but my penis just starts hurting from base to tip. I go void and for a few minutes Im great no pain after 15 minutes or so the belly pain returns ,then by a 1/2 hour the other starts ,when it gets pretty uncomfortable I go void and the process starts over. At nite I sleep if lucky 1 1/2 hours then void back to sleep . Makes for a long not very restful nites.When I had the cystoscopy he did scrap all the tumor he could get out while he was in there,so I imagine its pretty raw inside. This morning I needed to go get groacery's and said heck with it and took 2 5/500 vivodin about a 1/2 hour latter felt fine Ive been trying to just take one every 4 to 5 hours all that does is just dull it some,and its now been a few hours and its just starting again. I just want something that will control the pain. I think one problem is I just dont have that I want to live ,lets fight this thing anyway possible attitude,not that I want to die just dont think the big fight in my case is worth it to me . May change my mind but for now ,I just dont want to go thru all of it. As Ive said before watched my wife fight tooth and nail for three years ,most of which was pure hell,and still lost in the end . Who knows tomorrow I may wake and say lets fight this till the last breath,but in the mean time I just want something to relieve the pain... Doug

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne