I guess I\'m \"An anomaly\"

1 year 3 weeks ago #61710 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic I guess I\'m \"An anomaly\"
Hello, Lisa!  

As you may have noticed, your post was given its own "thread." The one you originally posted to was 10 years old ....which indicates how rare your type of bladder cancer is.

It is wonderful that surgery  seems to have been successful!  You didn't mention where you are being treated, but if you aren't being seen at a major cancer location it might be worth getting a second opinion at one.  They are more familiar with the very latest research and treatments as well as possible clinical trials.

Let us know where you are located and someone may have a suggestion for you.

Keep in mind that you are doing great!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 weeks ago #61709 by LisaChris53
I guess I\'m \"An anomaly\" was created by LisaChris53
Hello 
i am 53 and diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma bladder cancer last year. I have already had surgery. Urologist said my cancer doesn’t respond to chemo or radiation so my only hope was surgery. It’s been 6 months since the surgery and I am still an emotional wreck. My hair is falling out due to stress I suppose. I keep reading that life expectancy after surgery is 5 years. Is this true? They said they got all the cancer. It was not outside the bladder yet when they did surgery. 
thank you for any information you have and any support you can give. I am feeling very alone and stressed. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne