Back pain after TURBT

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #61569 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Back pain after TURBT
Welcome Marygsc1,

Often this is nothing. Especially manifesting itself 1.5 to 2.5 weeks post a TURB. I experienced this for 6 months as I took BCG and every ache and pain I wondered if this was something sinister. I finally put that behind me.

At the same time your pain could be an infection of some type. Either way, as you or your insurance paid for a TURB and follow ups, I would not hesitate to call where you had this. That is what they staffed for. Usually a simple test can rule in or out the infection idea. Especially when all we can do is a guess and are not doctors.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #61568 by marygsc1
Back pain after TURBT was created by marygsc1
I had a Ta tumor in my bladder removed 2 and a half weeks ago.  Everything seemed to be going as expected til a week ago when I started having bad back pain, nor also abdominal pain.  Thought it might be due arthritis but that is usually calmed by now with heat and ice.  Is this something I should worry about?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne