Cystoscopy in a few days

3 years 8 months ago #59675 by terribleterrier
Replied by terribleterrier on topic Cystoscopy in a few days
23 (about to be 24) here- I just had my cystoscopy less than a week ago and while mine was under general and i had to have a catheter left in (so, not a usual run of the mill cysto) I just wanted to make sure you knew you weren't the only young person in this scary boat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Junebug92

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #59483 by Raebel
Replied by Raebel on topic Cystoscopy in a few days
So glad you are following up on this! Scary but important. I found the cystoscopy to be uncomfortable for a minute but not painful. Once the scope is in the bladder I hardly felt it. The cool thing was being able to look inside your own bladder. Be sure you can watch on the screen! In my case, three tumors were immediately evident and even though I Was completely shocked, I was Likely more in denial and found the tumors quite beautiful, like coral in the ocean floor. I hope you don’t have the same experience of seeing tumors, but the signs and symptoms you are having make it important to check. Best of luck to you

Dx 4/8/2020
TURBT 1: T1HG
TURBT 2, delayed due to COVID, 6/17/20: T1HG, CIS
BCG induction (6)

3 years 10 months ago #59481 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Cystoscopy in a few days
One important thing to remember is that in many cases a cause for urinary blood is never found. While it is possible that you might have bladder cancer, your age makes it pretty unlikely.

As for a cystoscopy, it is pretty much like a pelvic exam. The doctor will insert a small tube with a tiny camera into your bladder and look for any abnormalities. For a female it is a pretty easy procedure.

Let us know what happens!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 10 months ago #59480 by Junebug92
Cystoscopy in a few days was created by Junebug92
I am a 27 year old female. I have not been diagnosed with anything but Gross Hematuria. I had visible blood in my urine for a week straight. I immediately made an appointment with my gynecologist. She said they found blood in my urine. She took a Urine Culture and sent it off. I went to a different doctor to get a second opinion and he referred me to a urologist. I've had three Urine Cultures done with no growth. My urologist also took a sample of my urine for Urine Cytology and I do not have those results yet. I have a CT Scan and Cystoscopy in a few days and I'm pretty nervous. I have had no symptoms of a Uti and my bleeding was painless. My xray came back fine. If anyone could tell me what to expect during my cystoscopy it would be super helpful.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne