4 years 3 months ago #58729 by mvrace4ever
Replied by mvrace4ever on topic Need help with information
Thanks Jack!!

Great info... just to give more INFO to all of you:

She is 78 years old
143 lbs
5.8"

She was a heavy smoker...

Any information on SUCCESSFUL treatment will be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #58723 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Need help with information
mvrace4ever

The following government site has basic information about bladder cancer, along with information about stages and treatment options, including the range of immunotherapies - intravesical and systemic. A good starting point.

At stage 3 she may also be considered a candidate for bladder removal, also covered at the website.

www.cancer.gov/types/bladder

Best,
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

4 years 3 months ago #58722 by mvrace4ever
Need help with information was created by mvrace4ever
Hello! I am a kidney cancer stage IV survivor and I am a member of the Kidney Cancer Association... when I was diagnosed I got VERY good information from KCA that really helped me. With immune therapy, a very disciplined nutrition program and exercise I have been on remission since the end of 2017.
Now, I am here for my aunt. She has been diagnosed with Stage III Bladder cancer with possible spread to bones. She started chemo ETOPOSIDE... but she is not responding well. Doctors in Greece are telling her that immune therapy is not available or will not work in her case.
Any information that you can share will be VERY much appreciated. Perhaps a better treatment, options, etc.
THANKS!!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne