Gross Hematura

4 years 5 months ago #58503 by gina
Replied by gina on topic Gross Hematura
I’m sorry to hear of your recent experiences! They are similar to my own...I can’t offer any comforting words, but definitely can relate to your concerns! I think you are wise to repeating cytology in November! You are not alone!:) :) :) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #56112 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Gross Hematura
Tough situation. I feel for you. It is possible it is nothing as a few people sometimes pass blood with no known reason. For my 2 cents worth I might try and see a major center such as Sloan Kettering, MD Anderson, Stanford etc. and get a second opinion/overview.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 4 months ago #56111 by gina
Replied by gina on topic Gross Hematura
Yes the pet scan was done after a CT found an enlarged lymph node in the iliac chain...that plus my history of bladder cancer lead to the pet scan.

5 years 4 months ago #56110 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Gross Hematura
The PET scan, was that done for the whole torso? Perhaps there is something going on kidney wise... and I don’t mean to imply it has to be cancer. Stones for example. The CT scan with and without is the more common test I believe. As many of us say a second opinion sometimes is good if nothing else just for fresh eyes.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 4 months ago #56109 by gina
Gross Hematura was created by gina
I have had visible blood in my urine for about two months now. It comes and goes, sometimes worse than others. I’ve had a pet scan which was negative and a cysto showing no cancer...still I bleed, sometimes so bad my urine is red through and through. The urologist told me to come back in three months if it continues! I’m worried, having had bladder cancer twice in the past...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne